Version 3.1 Beta (March 13, 2017)
- Length matching rules.
- Real-time Length Comparison table.
- Layer Stackup table.
- Using Layer Stackup and Pad Signal Delay for trace length and differential pair phase calculation.
- Align objects.
- Switching measurement units with a shortcut in any dialog box (Shift+U by default).
- Hotkeys for selecting sheets in Schematic and for the Measure tool in Pattern Editor.
- Moving all selected trace segments simultaneously (bus editing).
- Permanent Net Highlight option.
- Altium ASCII Import (Schematic, PCB, libraries).
- Eagle XML Import (Schematic, PCB, libraries).
- 11,100 new components and 345 new patterns.
- 1,120 new 3D models.
Version 3.0 (March 10, 2016)
- Differential pairs:
Define differential pair and its rules;
Automatic or manual defining of paired pads;
Paired routing and editing of differential pair;
Single-track differential pair routing and editing;
Phase tune tool (place custom / regular size meanders);
Real-time control of phase and length tolerance;
Differential pair manager;
Support of differential pairs for external autorouters, recognition of paired traces.
- Custom user-defined keyboard shortcuts for tools and dialogs.
- ODB++ (version 7.0) manufacturing output.
- Gerber X2 manufacturing output.
- DRC rule details (easy editing of routing constraints).
- Tree view of 3D models in All Models list, sorted by categories (folders).
- Overall speed and memory optimization for large designs.
- Optimized UI fonts.
- 8143 new components.
- 5694 new STEP models for 3D.
Version 2.4 (June 20, 2014)
- Redesigned UI.
- New library management system:
Standard and user libraries are separated to different groups, standard libraries can not be changed by user;
Project libraries and design cache;
Cross-module Library Manager;
Dynamic update of library groups, group content, active library / component between programs;
Library groups and libraries are visible in all dialog boxes where libraries are used (Library Setup - no more add / delete buttons and separate lists);
Filter feature with customizable number of parameters (search by current library, group or all libraries).
- Unicode support in all program objects, files and UI elements.
- STEP export of PCB 3D model.
- STEP and IGES import of package 3D models.
- IPC-D-356A Netlist Export.
- BSDL Pinlist Import in Component Editor.
- Updated import dialogs of third-party schematics and net-lists, remembering of attached patterns.
- Printing multipage schematic as single document.
- Updated Title Block Editor, "Attached Pattern" tool, editing of polygonal pads.
- Redesigned Properties panel (on design area) for Component and Pattern editors.
- Zooming / Panning with mouse wheel in all print / import / export panels with preview feature.
- Update all Copper Pours and algorithm optimizations (approx 3x-5x speed-up).
- Correct side changing for groups in PCB Layout.
Version 2.3.1 (March 20, 2013)
- Importing Schematics from EDIF (OrCAD).
- Long-line cross cursor (X key). Polished existing features of 2.3.
Version 2.3 (October 19, 2012)
- Real-Time DRC - dynamically checks design rules while you add objects, route traces or edit anything in the layout. Static DRC was improved and optimized.
- 3D VRML 2.0 Export allows to export solid body of the board with models to external mechanical CAD.
- Custom Non-Signal layers.
- Arranging PCB components by hierarchical blocks. Copying routing/placement between similar hierarchical blocks directly on the board.
- Different modes of showing/hiding ratlines for copper pours depending on pouring areas and traces.
- Pour priority for copper pours in one layer.
- "Place Ratline" mode, no more ratlines in "default" and "edit traces" modes.
- Hot key ("~") "Manual Route".
- Configuring and saving file names for Gerber export by layers (user-defined name and extension for each layer).
- Exporting dimensions to Gerber and DXF.
- Superimposing without connection pins/wires verification in Schematic ERC.
- Saving connections without wires while copying/pasting parts in Schematic.
- Moving objects between sheets in Schematic.
- Rearranging sheets in Schematic.
- Automatic remembering of initial folders by file type in various "open/save" dialog boxes (for all DipTrace modules).
- Blocking file while editing it. Overwriting by second/network appearance is now prohibited.
- Windows 8 compatibility.
- Ordering engine has been added (see "File/Order PCB" in main menu).
- Automatic online check for new versions and DipTrace news&updates.
- Library update: 8000+ new components, euro symbols and new patterns.
Version 2.2 (September 7, 2011)
- 3D Preview in PCB Layout (*.wrl and *.3ds models support).
- 2580 3D models in *.wrl format (separate download).
- Redesigned pattern and component libraries (full conformity).
- Strict Via Styles (changing via style changes all vias of the style).
- Net Classes (with extended rules). Class-to-Class rules.
- Improved DRC (more rules, separate rules by layers and net-class, class-to-class rules).
Show errors by layers or all at once. Show current value of clearance/size and necessary value of the parameter.
- All necessary dialog boxes and menus are redesigned to use net classes and via styles.
- Main menu redesigned ("Layers" item has been removed, sub-items moved to Layers panel and Route menu).
- Inserting layers, moving layers up/down the stack.
Layers panel has been improved ("Add layer", "Layer Setup" and "Display mode" sub-menu; set current layer with a double click)
Layer Setup dialog box improved ("Insert Layer", "Move Layer Up", "Move Layer Down").
- Improved manual routing:
3 standard routing modes + custom mode;
7 segment configurations;
fixed degree step for free/curve modes;
highlight only routed net option;
current via style option;
all options and hot keys are listed in Properties panel;
different trace width by layer (from net class rules).
- Improved trace editing:
selecting several segments at a time and bulk change properties;
adding nodes with a hot key (no mouse click or selecting item is necessary);
Changing all parameters in Properties panel;
more hot keys (all listed in sub-menu and properties panel).
- Slot holes.
- Identical component/net naming in hierarchical schematic and PCB.
- Easy connecting/disconnecting wires to/from nets by names, text object automatically changes with net name of the nearest wire.
- Making wires in Schematic is now similar to PCB manual routing (automatic or 2-segment configuration).
- N/C Drill Import is easily combined with Gerber import to get pads with holes.
- Correct N/C drill export for blind holes (by layer pairs), automatic identifying existing layer pairs with "Export All" button.
- PADS ASCII import in Component and Pattern Editors, final stage of PADS ASCII schematic import development.
- Properties/Layers panel auto-switch, depending on the selected tool or object/s, more properties by objects.
- Separate objects highlight option.
- RefDes Renumbering (left to right,top to bottom).
- Jumper wire layer selection ("View/Jumper Wires" from main menu). Jumpers in the silk layer are automatically removed from vias.
- Current copper pour state is displayed on the Properties panel now.
- Renaming just a part of the net (related wires only) option in Schematic.
- Global Nets in Hierarchy (single net on all levels, net-ports and connecting nets by name in hierarchy).
- Update PCB from Hierarchical Schematic by components (no similar RefDes inside hierarchy needed).
- Making polygons, board outline and copper pours is similar.
- More drill symbols (characters added). Comment table for drill symbols.
- Back Annotation of net and net classes.
- Saving/Loading rules in DipTrace PCB Layout (net classes, via styles, layers, DRC rules). Loading Net Classes in Schematic.
- Mask and Paste settings for pad/s in Pattern Editor.
- Displaying only wires of selected component while moving it in Diptrace PCB Layout (turned ON by default).
- Converting static vias to dynamic (parts of traces) and back.
- New components are placed outside the board outline while renewing PCB from Schematic.
- Speed optimizations and UI improvements.
Version 2.1 (February 10, 2010)
- New high-class shape-based auto-router.
- Dimensions in PCB Layout and Pattern Editor (horizontal, vertical, free, radius, pointer).
- Saving all settings within project file.
- Board cutout, copper objects and route obstacles in Pattern Editor.
- Shape line width in Pattern Editor.
- Polylines and polygons in Pattern Editor.
- Converting polygons to pads and back in Pattern Editor.
- DXF import improvements in Pattern Editor ("All layers" and "Fill closed areas" options).
- TrueType for pin names/pin numbers/net names in Schematic (optional).
- Remove similar holes in drill files.
- Searching and displaying holes by size.
- Rectangle with rounded corners board outline in board points dialog box.
- "View/Objects" tab on the design manager panel. "Copper Pours" item has been added.
- Redesigned Print Preview dialog box in DipTrace PCB Layout.
- Resizable Pin Manager and Attached Pattern dialog boxes in Component Editor.
- Quick-access buttons on component properties panel in Component Editor.
- Different fonts for pin names in Component Editor or Schematic.
- Pin Properties dialog box in Schematic.
- Changing grid size with "Ctrl+" and "Ctrl-". "+" and "-" are used to change scale in all programs. "R" or "Space" for rotating in all programs.
- "IC - 4 sides" component type in Component Editor.
- Changing parameters has been reworked. Only x-position of horizontal pins is now changing when you change width, and y-position of vertical pins if change height of the IC. Other properties are not changed.
- Rectangle and Zig-Zag pattern types in DipTrace Pattern Editor.
- "Lock properties" button in Component and Pattern Editors.
- Displaying library of component and "Place into Current Position" button in Search window of Component and Pattern editors.
- "Block Delete" (select several components and delete) and "Block Insert" (right click/Insert Components from library) components/patterns in Component and Pattern Editors.
- Library verification features in Component and Pattern Editors.
- Component search options (in active/opened library (all programs)).
- Pins sorting in pin manager of Component Editor (by name, number and position).
- Repositioning pins by name or number in Component Editor.
- Group Rotate and Flip features in Component Editor (pin submenu; "Shift+R", "Shift+F" hot keys).
- Internal connections highlight and editing improvements while attaching pattern to component in Component Editor.
- Displaying pad numbers in Pattern Editor, DipTrace PCB Layout and Component Editor.
- Default Net Width verification while updating pcb from schematic or saving net properties from pcb (route mode, hidden connections, etc.).
- Data and document files moved to AppData and MyDocuments folders. No new files in Program Files folder (Vista/Win 7 compatibility).
- P-CAD ASCII, PADS Import/Export improvements.
- P-CAD ASCII, Eagle Script libraries import improvements.
- OrCAD MIN Interchange Import/Export in PCB Layout.
- Origin point can be placed by object key-points.
- "Change Symbol Type" feature in Component Editor (automatically makes 2-sided or 4-sided symbol from the existing one).
- Making busses by pin names in Component Editor.
- "No thermal for vias" and separate thermal settings for SMD in copper pour properties (no need to use pad/via custom thermal settings).
- Printer calibration in PCB Layout.
- Panelizing improvements (exclude selected objects from panelizing, saving panelizing settings with layout file).
- Dimensions are displayed for pattern types in Pattern Editor.
- Change type properties for rotated pattern is now possible in Pattern Editor.
- Changes in RefDes numeration for hierarchy (U1_1, U1_2, etc.).
- Additional verification of attached patterns for multi-part components while exporting net-list or saving file.
- ArcMode automatically turns OFF after placing arc in board outline.
- Placing pattern markings over pads/vias/traces.
- Increased graphics speed in PCB Layout, Component and Pattern Editors.
- New recovery options (number of steps between auto-savings and enabling/disabling recovery).
- Text type (RefDes, Name, Value) in Pattern Editor.
- Copper pour fill counts internal copper pours.
- UI improvements.
- 16000+ new components, existing libraries were redesigned to comply with new standards.
Version 2.0 (February 17, 2009)
- Properties panel in PCB Layout and Schematic.
- Display/Hide layers in PCB Layout.
- Design Manager added.
- Fanoutis now available.
- Hierarchical Schematic.
- Custom color for the net.
- Direction arrows for wires in Schematic.
- Thermal support in DXF Edge function.
- Arc traces in DipTrace PCB Layout.
- Text in Pattern Editor.
- "Unroute line" option in PCB Layout.
- Make connection from trace end while routing (D3D and OpenGL modes).
- Lock net structure in PCB Layout.
- Manual routing improvements.
- Copy/paste projects between DipTrace instances.
- Internal connections between component and pattern.
- Panelizing of different PCBs on a single panel.
- P-CAD ASCII Import/Export in Schematic and PCB Layout.
- PADS ASCII 2005 Import/Export in PCB Layout.
- 8000+ new components in standard libraries.
Version 1.50 (March 6, 2008)
- DirectX/OpenGL support (faster drawing of complex Schematics and boards).
- Vector fonts support.
- Copper pour island removal (internal, unconnected).
- Snapping copper pour to board outline option added.
- "Black and White" print option.
- Selecting/Deselecting objects by type, layer, etc.
- Hidden wires display in Schematic.
- Connect shape to net in PCB Layout (DRC, copper pours, etc.)
- Copy/Paste shortcuts in component/pattern editor component properties panel.
- Automatic change of incorrect polygonal pads.
- Traces box in DXF export dialog box.
- "Fill closed areas" option in DXF import, embedded polygons can be cutouts.
- "Shift" hot key for orthogonal shapes.
- Convert cutout shapes to board outline.
- Bulk connection for pads/vias in PCB Layout.
- Correct trace/connection alignment for center-free polygonal pads.
- Forbid jumpers under components option for autorouter.
- Hide table borders option.
- Redesigned small scale grid view.
- "Different grid step for Y" option added.
- Highlight optimizations (reducing CPU time).
- Row number and total quantity in BOM.
- Forcing correct extension while saving files.
- "Do not display hint" option.
- Scaling schematic and titles to page for printing.
- Multiple edge passes option in DXF Export.
- Changing width of components/patterns panel.
-"Disable automatic wire routing" option in Schematic.
- 9000+ new components.
Version 1.40 (May 23, 2007)
- Components placement by list and arrangement in PCB Layout.
- Spice export and Spice settings in Schematic and Component Editor.
- File formats extending (floating point values are more accurate, etc).
- Library path in component/pattern properties, automatic update.
- Custom colors for printing.
- Creating traces and wires on empty area.
- Route/Unroute traces for selected components.
- Components additional fields in PCB Layout and Schematic.
- Unlimited number of grids.
- Assembly options.
- Snap components to grid by origin point.
- Components with SMD pads on both sides.
- Pattern can have Mask, Paste, Assy shapes on both sides of the board.
- Top side is invisible while editing inner layer.
- Changing pattern name in Schematic without attaching pattern (for netlists).
- Changing default line width for shapes in PCB Layout and Schematic
- Selecting traces separately in PCB Layout.
- Selecting of visible objects only for box selection.
- Warning message for change net structure attempts.
- Net names above the wires.
- "Export All" option in Gerber dialog box.
- DRC - control min ring size and max drill size.
- Automatic Text flip for Bottom board side.
- Schematic and PCB Import from Eagle.
- Direct editing of string grids (additional fields, pin numbers, etc).
- Separate Export Drill files for through and blind/buried holes.
- OrCad TAP drill files export.
- Updating PCB from related schematic (hot key as well).
Version 1.30 (October 25, 2006)
- Customizing colors (black background, etc.).
- Changing layer in copper pour submenu.
- Zoom extents/center tool for print preview.
- Gerber import.
- Electra/Specctra Integration (DSN export, SES import).
- Netlist Export in Schematic (Mentor, OrCAD, Tango, PADS, Accel, Allegro, P-CAD, Protel etc.)
- Netlist Import in PCB Layout.
- Unlimited customizable fields for components and patterns (texts or links).
- DXF export in Schematic.
- Titles in DXF export in PCB Layout.
- DipTrace ASCII format (import/export in all programs).
- Free angle component rotation.
- Moving selected objects using arrow keys.
- Double click to open object properties.
- Mouse wheel for zooming and scrolling project.
- Lock/Unlock objects.
- "Enter" for OK and "Esc" for Cancel in all dialog boxes.
- Separate "Via" object in PCB layout (Static Via).
- Editing Paste/Mask layers separately (shapes, custom settings for pads).
- "Shift" for orthogonal moving, "Esc" button to cancel moving.
- Both component and marking highlight while pointing mouse at component or marking in "F10" mode.
- Keyboard shortcuts to change layers.
- "Traces" box in Gerber export.
- Board outline width can be changed (Line Width dialog box).
- Board cutouts (shape property).
- Trace length measurement.
- "Ctrl+1-0" hot keys for layers change in PCB Layout.
- Up/Down keys to switch between pins in pin manager (Component Editor).
- Blind/buried pads/static vias.
- Many minor improvements.
Version 1.23 (April 4, 2006)- Custom thermals for pads.
- Custom thermals for pads.
- Sorting in Component and Pattern Editors.
- "Zoom Extents" tool in Schematic and PCB.
- Separate scale and position for Schematic pages.
- Net connectivity verification in PCB Layout.
- "Save to File" option in "Compare to Schematic" dialog box.
- Right-click "Paste" submenu on the design area.
- Gerber text vectorization improvements.
- Unlimited zoom in Gerber and N/C drill preview.
- Separate selection of each wire of the net or bus in Schematic.
- Moving vias and "Add Node" features were improved.
- Renaming and deleting nets in Connection Manager.
- Merging nets pop-up submenu in PCB Layout.
- Returning origin to default position.
- Edit wire nodes in Schematic improvements.
- Printing negative in PCB Layout.
- Rotate text in part marking moving mode ("F10" mode).
- "Apply to" in pad properties dialog box.
- Selection of overlapping objects with several clicks.
- P-CAD PDIF import in Schematic and PCB Layout.
- Eagle Script and P-CAD ASCII library import.