Lock pattern position only (PCB Layout)

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
mcgyvr

Lock pattern position only (PCB Layout)

#1 Post by mcgyvr » 08 Jun 2011, 03:51

I would love to have the ability to simply lock the position of a components pattern (so I don't accidentally move it) but still be able to change the position of the ref designations or anything else that is "locked" when you pick "lock selected"

I would suggest simply adding another selection right above "lock selected" and call it "lock position" that would ONLY prevent you from moving the pattern but still allow you to do other changes.

Heck I'd be happy if when I tried to change the position of a ref designation and the part was locked instead of the dialog coming up saying it is locked and I need to unlock it that it would say "This pattern is locked are you sure you want to make this change"

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Lock pattern position only (PCB Layout)

#2 Post by Alex » 09 Jun 2011, 01:21

It's already worked as you want. Did you try to move ref des for locked patterns?

mcgyvr

#3 Post by mcgyvr » 20 Sep 2011, 09:09

Alex wrote:It's already worked as you want. Did you try to move ref des for locked patterns?
It doesn't work as I suggested.. When an object is locked and you try to change the justification of a marking a window comes up saying "The object is locked. Please unlock it first!"

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#4 Post by novarm44 » 20 Sep 2011, 22:32

Press F10 and move markings as you want, also use "R" or "Space" key to rotate markings while moving. Lock works only for properties dialog window.

mcgyvr

#5 Post by mcgyvr » 21 Sep 2011, 01:39

novarm44 wrote:Press F10 and move markings as you want, also use "R" or "Space" key to rotate markings while moving. Lock works only for properties dialog window.
Excellent!!! Thanks Alex..I wasn't aware you could move them like that. I feel silly.. I've always used the properties window and used justify/shift/spacing to move ref des markings.