Compress on library export

Post here your comments, suggestions and problems
d1wang

Compress on library export

#1 Post by d1wang » 30 Sep 2019, 15:30

It seems, when you delete something (a line, or a pad) while working on a pattern, DipTrace will just mark the item as deleted. So when you export the library to .ASC format, you get a lot of junk in it. Please have an option to compress the library to remove all that junk.

dtu2
Expert

Re: Compress on library export

#2 Post by dtu2 » 01 Oct 2019, 05:10

Rings a bell...

Here's a thread about this from a little over a year ago. It's a design decision:

https://www.diptrace.com/forum/viewtopi ... ive#p25012

Here's a couple of excerpts from the thread:

Alex:
>>>>>>>>>>
2. (Number -1) means deleted pad. It's often faster to set negative number than refresh all related arrays.
3. Software ignores pads with negative number.
>>>>>>>>>

Dtu2:
<<<<<<<<<
Yes, speed is good but:

Does that mean if a person were to delete a high pin count BGA that all of those pads remain in the pattern as negative numbered pads indefinitely?

Is there ever any 'automatic housekeeping' that cleans things up?

If not, is there anything a person can do to manually clean up the patterns in the UI (other than manually export > edit > import)?

Maybe the 'Library' > 'Check "your_lib_here" Library...' should clean this stuff up?

I realize it's all a special case but it seems to be an unfortunate side effect of the decision to leave those negatively numbered pads hanging around in a pattern. If this is the way you want it to work then apparently the software needs to check to see if there are any positively numbered pads and if not then ignore the negatively numbered ones as well. Or just take out the trash...
>>>>>>>>>

As you can see, there was no response to my questions and I can only assume nothing has changes in this regard.
Jeff