"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image" when posting image from imgur

Post here your comments, suggestions and problems
FalconFour

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image" when posting image from imgur

#1 Post by FalconFour » 02 Mar 2023, 06:51

Trying to make a post with a GIF illustrating the issue I'm having:

I post the GIF with the following bbcode: [img][/im[/i]g]

I get the error, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct".

It's bad enough that this site is using a phpBB forum from 2008 that requires embedded images to be hosted off-site, but can it at least function without errors like this?

FalconFour

Re: "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image" when posting image from imgur

#2 Post by FalconFour » 02 Mar 2023, 06:56

oh my god this site is an absolute dumpster fire.

Please note that I didn't post these as inline images. I pasted a URL in the first case, and I wrapped the share link in bbcode-escapes in the second. Somehow an unexpected plugin sucked-up the URLs and turned them into the output I was intending, but didn't expect.

And then I had to wait some minutes to post this in response.

And then wait more minutes to actually post the thread I came here to post in the first place.

This is peak "Web 1.0 forum" all over again. LOL. What an absolute joke. Come on guys, https://www.discourse.org/ has a phpBB import. ;) Let's catch up to 2020 at least!

farley

Re: "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image" when posting image from imgur

#3 Post by farley » 03 Mar 2023, 04:44

It isn't necessary to link to images on other websites for this forum. Images can be attached directly to a post and, as far as I know, will remain with the post as long as the DipTrace forum is around.