My recent experience with JLCPCB

Post anything here (except spam)
pcbgogo_dph

My recent experience with JLCPCB

#1 Post by pcbgogo_dph » 17 Oct 2018, 20:05

Just wanted to share my (frustrating) experience of late.

I've been using JLCPCB for sometime now, usually for rapid prototype PCBs

I've made 13 orders with them. Most being 4-layer boards. Of those, 12 have been just fine, but my latest experience has pretty much meant I'm not going to use them again.

This particular order wasn't special, just a revision to a board I've had made by them several times in the past.
  • Oct 3: Order submitted
  • Oct 4: "Please specify inner layers" -- They've never asked this before. I answered.
  • Oct 6: "Did you get our previous email? Please specify inner layers." I answered again.
  • Oct 9: "Did you get our previous email? Please specify inner layers." I answered a third time. Sent the whole email chain to the customer service complaint email address.
  • Oct 9: "Sorry for the inconvenience."
  • Oct 10: Production finally begins
  • Oct 13: "Your boards have some discoloration in the solder mask. Is this okay?" Not really, but I need working boards more than I need pretty boards. "Yes, please proceed"
  • Oct 15: "Your boards have some discoloration in the solder mask. Is this okay?" Again. Before I can respond, I see they've seen my response to the Oct 13 question. Got a reply saying they're moving forward.
  • Oct 15: Boards are still in "packaging and delivery," despite being completed Oct 12.
In the interim, I ordered the same boards from PCBGOGO -- Created an account on Oct 9, and the boards shipped Oct 15, expected to arrive Oct 17.To my surprise, when I registered successfully, I got a $20 coupon for free.In addition, their service is very enthusiastic and always very positive to help you solve the problem.

I plan to continue to complete orders at PCBGOGO and consider long-term purchases. Usually, they have many promotions and also offers to make a stencil.
PCB Prototype, PCB Assembly and PCB Layout services

defineclock

Re: My recent experience with JLCPCB

#2 Post by defineclock » 03 Jan 2023, 20:09

So far, I've placed 13 orders with them. The majority of these boards have four layers. Twelve of them have worked well, but after my most recent encounter, I won't be using them again. This wasn't a very unusual request; rather, it was a little update to a board I've had them make for me before.

firatdede

#3 Post by firatdede » 09 Jan 2023, 09:23

What was your last encounters friend? I am planning to go for my first 4 layer board with JLCPCB what should I do for more careful order?

annaeva

#4 Post by annaeva » 01 Feb 2023, 16:32

I simply wanted to order prototypes with assembly, but after uploading the BOM file, JLC estimated an additional price for "extended" parts. Unfortunately, it consumes 80% of overall costs and effectively kills my entire project. Is there any way to avoid this expense? I prefer simple components, but what can I do if even a 470uF capacitor is marked as extended? I'm very disappointed right now...

fluxanode

#5 Post by fluxanode » 10 Feb 2023, 05:23

Any board house is going to require overages for their assembly. That is required for the automated machinery for placing the parts. I assemble my own unless getting a large amount of boards for this reason.