Sending 274 Gerber Files to manufacturer

Preparing layout for manufacturing, Requirements, Verifications. PCB manufacturing process. Feedback about manufacturers.
DipWhitt

Sending 274 Gerber Files to manufacturer

#1 Post by DipWhitt » 30 Mar 2018, 16:23

I have followed directions on creating my gerber files but am having trouble sending it to the manufacture.
I tried inserting each one in a email but the manufacturer could not read it.

Should I make a zip file and email that or is there a more proper way? I have never done this before.

The manufacture had a way (I thought) to drag and drop but it did not work so they recommended email and that did not work as well.

Thanks for any advice.

X10an

Re: Sending 274 Gerber Files to manufacturer

#2 Post by X10an » 01 Apr 2018, 08:53

Shortest advice I can give you:

farley

#3 Post by farley » 02 Apr 2018, 06:54

Zip all of the Gerber files for your project into one zip file and email that file. You didn't mention which manufacturer you use but all of the ones I've tried will accept a zip file.

The drag and drop function on the website may be looking for a .zip or .rar file extension. Zip is the most common and easily extracted, in my experience.

Ahou

#4 Post by Ahou » 29 Aug 2018, 21:40

farley wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 06:54 Zip all of the Gerber files for your project into one zip file and email that file. You didn't mention which manufacturer you use but all of the ones I've tried will accept a zip file.

The drag and drop function on the website may be looking for a .zip or .rar file extension. Zip is the most common and easily extracted, in my experience.
Yes, the quickest and easiest way will be zipping all of the Gerber files into one zip file and email over. Almost all of PCB manufacturers can work with the zip files.
Engineers from PCBCart - a supplier of PCB Fab & Assembly services for companies of all sizes.