Small is better

Post your circuits and ideas here
KevinA

Small is better

#1 Post by KevinA » 30 Oct 2016, 04:12

I finally started trying to build something and discovered the 'cheap' 10cmX10cm boards from china have a long lead time measured in loss of interest. I started using OSAPark and wow, projects are flowing and my bank account hardly notices. I am running into new package types that DipTrace has no patterns or 3D images for, Maxim of course. They have a uSOP or uMAX that is a 3mm square 8 pin SOP with .65 pitch (DS18B20U+) - I created the pattern without much of an issue other than the fact Maxim does not reference the package drawing from the datasheet for the DS18B20U+.
My third attempt at finding a 3D image seems to work but it appears I'll be learning how to create 3D parts in the future. This project turned out to be too small to build for OSAPark, I had to panelize it:
And the Top:

I'm still learning, the copper pour gets me: Traces to nets that are tied to the ground or power plane are still there after a pour? Back to the Video tour!

EricTheCode

Re: Small is better

#2 Post by EricTheCode » 06 Mar 2017, 12:20

If you are just a beginner with Diptrace, I must say this is really good. It took me weeks to get something half decent going :) I would love to make something like this: https://pinshape.com/items/20998-3d-pri ... itstack-v3 - Maybe in a couple more months. The university where I go to to take my adult math education just got a Form2 printer. Looks effin sweeet! I also want to learn seo so let's see how that goes.
Last edited by EricTheCode on 30 Nov 2017, 17:30, edited 2 times in total.

J_P

Re: Small is better

#3 Post by J_P » 07 Mar 2017, 02:38

Ditto with EricTheCode.
Don't worry about the appearance of traces within copper pours - that is just to show you where they are so they are still editable.

J_P