would like to downgrade my library to v3.3

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
uditag

would like to downgrade my library to v3.3

#1 Post by uditag » 07 Sep 2020, 21:55

Hi,

I have been using diptrace v3.3 for some time and am quite satisfied with it. However, recently on a new system, I installed the newer version (v4) and tried my hands on it. Though good, the continued use of th new version required me to upgrade my license at an additional cost and I am unwilling to do so at this point. Unfortunately I modified some of my libraries in the newer version and now I am unable to open them in the older version for which i have a license. Is it possible to convert the libraries back to v3.3 version?

Please advise.

Thanks
Udit Agrawal

uditag

Re: would like to downgrade my library to v3.3

#2 Post by uditag » 09 Sep 2020, 03:16

Diptrace Team,

Please help. I desperately need to re-access my libraries. If required, I can email my library copies so that you may be able to convert them back to the older v3 version. Problem is only in the component libraries. and these libraries have no pattern linked to them. I use these libraries to draw schematics of hydraulic circuits and they are only used for symbol representation purposes.

Thanks
Udit

bugmenot

Re: would like to downgrade my library to v3.3

#3 Post by bugmenot » 20 May 2021, 02:21

Use diptrace free v4 to export libs to Eagle format. Then import them back in your licensed 3.3
Not the best solution - it has it's own limitations. Eagle libs can't have non-round holes and will replace them with round holes.