Just looking for an AC source

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
fridolin66

Just looking for an AC source

#1 Post by fridolin66 » 05 Feb 2023, 07:00

Hey all,

This is my first post here an I just wanted to start with DipTrace.
I did a little analog filter for the beginning but when I try the simulator I get "source not found".

Can please someone explain in easy words where I get a simple sine wave for the input of my filter?
I tried the search option in google and the manual but was not successful. Is there just the name I have to know or this funktion?

Thank you,
Kai

EmoryLau666

Re: Just looking for an AC source

#2 Post by EmoryLau666 » 30 Oct 2023, 05:28

Hi Kai,

Welcome to DipTrace! To generate a simple sine wave for the input of your filter, you can use a function generator. A function generator is a test equipment that can generate various types of waveforms, including sine waves.

Maybe you can find the function generator component in the “Simulation” section of the component libraries. You can place the function generator component in your schematic and configure it to generate a sine wave with the desired frequency and amplitude.

Once you have connected the output of the function generator to the input of your analog filter, you should be able to simulate the circuit and observe the response of your filter to the input sine wave.

I hope this helps! Article related to converter: https://www.xinshop.com/en/shows/power- ... blog&id=57
And any needs for AC or other electronic components, you could browse the parts here>>(www.xinshop.com)
Vess Electronics Company Limited, founded in 2012, is recognized as one of the top ten excellent distributors of a wide range of electronic components in China.