DipTrace Team has the question to our users

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
jesal

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#91 Post by jesal » 26 Feb 2018, 20:42

Admin wrote: 29 Nov 2012, 21:00 DipTrace Team has the question to our users: what series of components do you want to see in standard libraries in future?
Please specify electronic type or manufacturer you need. We will consider every proposal and best ones will be added to our to-do library list. All suggestions are welcomed.

With kind regards
DipTrace Team
I would like to see components from arduino, Texas instruments.

wanek

#92 Post by wanek » 15 Mar 2018, 10:16

- more smd components + footprint
- various breakout board modules for esp8266 and esp32
- more block terminal connectors
- it would be very nice to make snapeda compatible with diptrace (that would be the best long term solution). currently it is possible to import via the eagle format, but it is not very practical, because it creates a new library for every component.

thanks!

cworkman74

#93 Post by cworkman74 » 15 Mar 2018, 17:01

The last three requests here are related to adding components to DipTrace instead of adding features and usability improvements to the program itself? Please, Novarm.... let users create their own components or create a built-in IPC component builder like Eagle has now done. (Personally, I use PCB Library Expert to make all my footprints.) Asking a small development team to spend their time creating more components is a waste and misuse of resources, in my opinion. Users can create their own components/footprints. Actually, users SHOULD create their own components/footprints because no PCB package will ever have every footprint they need. Actual features and improvements, though, are something users cannot do themselves.

DerekG

#94 Post by DerekG » 15 Mar 2018, 18:43

cworkman74 wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 17:01 Asking a small development team to spend their time creating more components is a waste and misuse of resources, in my opinion. Users can create their own components/footprints ...... Actual features and improvements, though, are something users cannot do themselves.
I fully agree.

One thought, please carry over the assigned hotkey settings from PCB Layout to the Pattern Editor.

Also a pcb export from DipTrace to Altium Designer would be nice. Why? I spend a lot of time on several forums recommending DipTrace to newcomers. If there was an Altium export filter, I would say to the septics, save your $$, design in DipTrace & if you really find it cannot do everything you need, you can always export your pcb designs directly into Altium Designer.

Most users would end up rarely doing this, but it would be a great selling point for new Diptrace users.

Being able to set up the hotkeys to replicate those in Altium was a great leap forward for those of us who have seen the light & moved from Altium to Diptrace.

There are still some functions that can't be replicated with hotkeys, so an expansion of the hotkey menus would be very much appreciated.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

coyttl

#95 Post by coyttl » 16 Mar 2018, 02:23

Here's a non-library, non-component one.

There are more prototyping houses out there that have an API available now. (Macrofab and AdvancedCircuits are two). Would be nice to see them as an option under "File -> Order PCB".

b_force

#96 Post by b_force » 16 Mar 2018, 05:32

It is very specific, but I noticed that the triode tubes are only a single part component.
Most triodes are actually double part components (like the 12AX7 etc)

wanek

#97 Post by wanek » 18 Mar 2018, 23:51

cworkman74 wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 17:01 The last three requests here are related to adding components to DipTrace instead of adding features and usability improvements to the program itself?
no, not the last 3 requests, but actually the whole topic ;) if you read the first post:

"Admin wrote:
DipTrace Team has the question to our users: what series of components do you want to see in standard libraries in future?"

omshree1959

#98 Post by omshree1959 » 29 Mar 2018, 16:03

Please try to give the 3D models of all the components available in DIPTRACE..... :-)

AKeith

#99 Post by AKeith » 07 Jun 2018, 09:39

:shock: Since SMT LEDs are being used everwhere, it would be helpful if some of the LEDs that are using heat sinks as part of their pads (connection points). As an example see Samsung LM 561C.

mortadaalsonni211

#100 Post by mortadaalsonni211 » 14 Jun 2018, 09:23

Dear sir
I would like request Diptrace to add siemens SAB 80c517 AN 18