DipTrace Team has the question to our users

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
Message
Author
marvinkottke
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Feb 2016, 16:41

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#81 Post by marvinkottke » 21 Feb 2016, 17:06

I would like to see a complete inventory of Vashay CRCW series resistors and Vashay VJ series capacitors. I ask because these parts seem to be of good quality at a reasonable price, and I can easily figure out significant part values just by looking at the part number.
It would be absolutely out standing if I knew these parts were in stock at mouser.com or digikey.com just because they are in your library, but that's something Mouser and Digikey need to decide. This second part is not your dog, but please consider the first.

dompower
Posts: 7
Joined: 25 Feb 2016, 12:14

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#82 Post by dompower » 25 Feb 2016, 13:10

it would really help me in my project if you include (superflux) Piranha 5mm Led

I'm new (and new to computer desing software) and I lost a day trying to create it in patten and component editor... then I abort and used 5mm round led instead.

jjoo2017
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 Feb 2016, 03:53

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#83 Post by jjoo2017 » 03 Aug 2016, 03:29

Yeah thinking the same. Diptrace should have varieties of Heatsinks including 3D models.
Thank you in advance
เล่นคาสิโนออนไลน์ หนึ่งของประเทศไทย เปิดบัญชีฝากถอนไม่จำกัด แจกเงินโบนัสแรกเข้า ทดลองเล่นฟรี
บาคาร่าออนไลน์

ProudlyCanuck
Posts: 2
Joined: 27 Jan 2016, 11:34

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#84 Post by ProudlyCanuck » 23 Aug 2016, 12:13

I'd like to see some place on the Diptrace website where we can upload our own custom created patterns for others to download. There is a forum thread, but that doesn't work so well for a larger community. Of course it would be a "use at your own risk" thing. It would save so much time being able to grab a part # from digikey, throw it into a search on the website and see if anyone else has posted a component / pattern for it.

For the number of components / patterns I create from drawings day to day, i'm sure I could save some people some time down the road instead of them just sitting on my hard drive.

Techno Tronix
Posts: 188
Joined: 10 Jan 2015, 02:00
Location: Anaheim, CA 92806
Contact:

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#85 Post by Techno Tronix » 24 Aug 2016, 06:41

This may possible for KiCAD degins

yaroslav555
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 04:35

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#86 Post by yaroslav555 » 22 Nov 2016, 04:45

Can you add function to higlight some nets in PCB Layout? It will be useful to see "hot" nets, like 220V. Sorry for my english :)

heitbrsp
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Feb 2017, 11:22

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#87 Post by heitbrsp » 01 Feb 2017, 11:28

Just getting Ultra Librarian to support you would be nice. Also just being able to automatically lengthen the pads on a smt devices so they can be more easily hand soldered would also be really helpful.

KarstenCan
Posts: 5
Joined: 05 May 2017, 17:45

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#88 Post by KarstenCan » 24 Aug 2017, 16:21

I miss the FPGA's from Microsemi. I can't even find the footprints used for some of the smallest IGLOO chips.

rick.curl
Expert
Posts: 117
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 16:46

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#89 Post by rick.curl » 29 Aug 2017, 17:52

heitbrsp wrote:Just getting Ultra Librarian to support you would be nice.
I just asked the people at Accelerated Designs (Ultra Librarian) about adding the ability to export models in Diptrace format and here's the response I got:
I need to see if I can find a someone at Diptrace to talk to. We are always looking at new exports
....so it sounds as if they are receptive. Who at Diptrace should they contact?

-Rick

User avatar
KevinA
Posts: 212
Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 15:35

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#90 Post by KevinA » 30 Aug 2017, 13:49

rick.curl wrote:
heitbrsp wrote:Just getting Ultra Librarian to support you would be nice.
I just asked the people at Accelerated Designs (Ultra Librarian) about adding the ability to export models in Diptrace format and here's the response I got:
I need to see if I can find a someone at Diptrace to talk to. We are always looking at new exports
....so it sounds as if they are receptive. Who at Diptrace should they contact?

-Rick
It is nice being able to use Digikeys Ultra Librarian for 3D models, to actually get a foot print and the component? Wow what a thought, that would increase users interest in using DipTrace I would think.

-- 30 Aug 2017, 14:08 --
ProudlyCanuck wrote:I'd like to see some place on the Diptrace website where we can upload our own custom created patterns for others to download. There is a forum thread, but that doesn't work so well for a larger community. Of course it would be a "use at your own risk" thing. It would save so much time being able to grab a part # from digikey, throw it into a search on the website and see if anyone else has posted a component / pattern for it. For the number of components / patterns I create from drawings day to day, i'm sure I could save some people some time down the road instead of them just sitting on my hard drive.
I've been experimenting with shared cloud folders like Onedrive (5GB), Google Drive(15GB), WebDAV(Unlimited ISP Plan), they all appear to work well and I discovered that if you purchase a Segate Backup drive (4TB) they give you 200GB for a year on Onedrive! The first question is can it be controlled? The second is search; currently we can search libraries by part name, that needs to be expanded to include a Mouser/Digikey like format 'Keyword' so we could enter in 'diode' and see all diodes or 'diode smt tvt' to see all SMT TVT type diodes in a part library. Going to Mouser/DigiKey, searching then using the part number found for a component/pattern search results in a lot of disappointments and wasted time. With that criteria it changes from a flat file system to a searchable database system... That application isn't trivial considering each part vendor has a different API and restrictions like 50 returned items a search and 1000 searches a day...
Update: The Ultra Librarian at Digikey produces Eagle pattern and components so I tried them: Eagle 6.1 that couldn't be opened with 7.n and 8.n Eagle BUT there was a *.src file that DipTrace could open as an Eagle *.SRC file, I found a library with three components with patterns, it saved as an *.eli or component with embedded patterns?

At Digikey you get 15 parts a month before you can't download anymore.

Post Reply