DipTrace 3.1 release

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

Re: DipTrace 3.1 release

#11 Post by novarm44 » 27 Jun 2017, 00:32

We have published update 3.1.0.1 today.
Within last month we intensively tested new version and fixed bugs or issues of 3.1.
Mainly new features, but some existing features were polished too.

Small icons in 64-bit version on 4k monitors is issue of Delphi and work-around requires some time and investigations, so it is kept as is yet.

mbelectronicdesign

#12 Post by mbelectronicdesign » 05 Jul 2017, 23:24

OK thanks for the information. Keep up the good work guys.

fluxanode

#13 Post by fluxanode » 08 Jul 2017, 13:15

What is the recommended procedure for installing 3.1 over 3.0? Just install and it updates or does the older version need to be uninstalled first? What about applying the license, does this step need to be done? Some instructions would be helpful...

Thanks.

hatallica

#14 Post by hatallica » 10 Jul 2017, 11:32

fluxanode wrote:What is the recommended procedure for installing 3.1 over 3.0? Just install and it updates or does the older version need to be uninstalled first? What about applying the license, does this step need to be done? Some instructions would be helpful...
+1
I hesitated to download and install, because none of the options looked appropriate for 3.0 to 3.1 upgrading.

fluxanode

#15 Post by fluxanode » 11 Jul 2017, 03:40

hatallica, yes i understand completely. Maybe we can get some info on installing? Hello is anyone from Diptrace listening? I paid for the last update which was really just a bug fix so I hope they might respond???? I just don't want to go through all of the extra steps of uninstalling and then tweaking to get my designs, lib's and such back where they belong...

KevinA

#16 Post by KevinA » 11 Jul 2017, 07:35

fluxanode wrote:hatallica, yes i understand completely. Maybe we can get some info on installing? Hello is anyone from Diptrace listening? I paid for the last update which was really just a bug fix so I hope they might respond???? I just don't want to go through all of the extra steps of uninstalling and then tweaking to get my designs, lib's and such back where they belong...
The one thing I found out the hard way: Remove then Install in the Default DipTrace directory. When 3.1 beta came out I installed in DipTrace31beta and after the release came out I installed it in DipTace31. I found out that each install replaced the uninstall so the last install is all that gets uninstalled using the Windows Remove program. Next I found out that the libraries were hosed, a part created and used when the library is located /DipTrace31/My Libraries will have to be 'adjusted' when you move everything back to DipTace/My Libraries after discovering DipTrace making DipTrace/Projects and DipTrace/My Libraries randomly. I don't care about using the 'Default' DipTrace install location, I'd rather they work on bugs that impact my using the product then spend time modifying the installer.
It would be a good thing to see the install requirements for a new and update install.
And it would be a better thing to have the library paths be relative to \My Libraries not C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\DipTrace31\My Libraries

Alex
Technical Support

#17 Post by Alex » 11 Jul 2017, 19:14

fluxanode wrote:What is the recommended procedure for installing 3.1 over 3.0? Just install and it updates or does the older version need to be uninstalled first? What about applying the license, does this step need to be done? Some instructions would be helpful...

Thanks.
Download the latest DipTrace version (trial) from our web site. Uninstall version 3.0 and install version 3.1. Your registration key is valid for all versions 3.x. Normally you don't need to enter the registration data again after installing new version. Your custom files and settings will be kept untouched.

mgriebling

#18 Post by mgriebling » 25 Aug 2017, 03:59

Alex wrote:

Thanks.
Download the latest DipTrace version (trial) from our web site. Uninstall version 3.0 and install version 3.1. Your registration key is valid for all versions 3.x. Normally you don't need to enter the registration data again after installing new version. Your custom files and settings will be kept untouched.
The Mac version install completely overwrites everything. It would be great to have the settings and registration data maintained.