DipTrace 3.3 Release

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

DipTrace 3.3 Release

#1 Post by novarm44 » 22 Oct 2018, 04:34

Hi All,

We have released DipTrace 3.3 today.
You can download it from https://diptrace.com/download/download-diptrace/

The new features: improved manual routing, configurable precision, KiCAD import (PCB, Schematic, Libraries), Eagle Export (PCB, Schematic, Libraries), etc.
Full list is here https://diptrace.com/diptrace-software/whats-new/
We have also fixed all reported issues we were able to fix.

Regards,
Stanislav Ruev
DipTrce Senior Developer

MarkF

Re: DipTrace 3.3 Release

#2 Post by MarkF » 23 Oct 2018, 08:41

PCB Layout issues found:
  • The "Zoom In" button on the 3D Preview screen no longer works.
  • The CTRL+1 selection for Manual Routing is not remembered. Selecting "Route Manual" menu button ALWAYS pops up the Manual Routing menu ignoring previous show/hide selection. This also reactivates the Place Component menu so that it is no longer hidden. The priority for allocation of screen space should be for the PCB design. Not the menus. Menu space should b be kept to a minimum. I do not want to see menus that I seldom use.

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#3 Post by novarm44 » 24 Oct 2018, 01:32

PCB Layout issues found:
The "Zoom In" button on the 3D Preview screen no longer works.
The CTRL+1 selection for Manual Routing is not remembered. Selecting "Route Manual" menu button ALWAYS pops up the Manual Routing menu ignoring previous show/hide selection. This also reactivates the Place Component menu so that it is no longer hidden. The priority for allocation of screen space should be for the PCB design. Not the menus. Menu space should b be kept to a minimum. I do not want to see menus that I seldom use.
Thank You for report! I confirm both issues. To work around the first issue you can use mouse wheel for zooming.
We will fix these issues for the next minor update (I suppose 2-3 weeks - we will collect issues, fix them and then publish update).

calabr

#4 Post by calabr » 26 Oct 2018, 12:40

Добрый день!
Куда пропало окошко предварительного просмотра компонентов и при выборе из библиотеки в редакторе схем и плат?

Изображение галочки - чекбокса в меню плохого качества
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (2.91 KiB) Viewed 4229 times
не соответствует остальным элементам дизайна по стилю (так-же было и в 3.2)

pittie

#5 Post by pittie » 26 Oct 2018, 22:23

The parts preview in schematic and layout does not work - you see nothing.
The library Import from kicad works for the parts but not not for the footprints.
Regards

peter

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#6 Post by novarm44 » 29 Oct 2018, 04:13

Hi All,

We have published 3.3.0.1 update today. The list of fixes:

1. Fixed - Component preview window in Schematic and PCB Layout disappears on small window height.
2. Fixed - Component Editor loads only first 1001 components of the library.
3. Fixed - Zoom In button in 3D Preview doesn't work.
4. Fixed - Minimized state or Route Panel is not saved when you switch mode.
5. Fixed - Delete Pin from net feature sometime may disconnect pins connected without wires if hidden net structure is complex or includes net ports.
6. Default value of CSV row delimiter is saved for BOM/Pick and Place/Save table to CSV.
7. PADS PCB Import fixes.

You can download update from https://diptrace.com/download/download-diptrace/

Regards,
Stanislav Ruev
DipTrace Team

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#7 Post by novarm44 » 29 Oct 2018, 04:19

calabr wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 12:40 Добрый день!
Куда пропало окошко предварительного просмотра компонентов и при выборе из библиотеки в редакторе схем и плат?
Изображение галочки - чекбокса в меню плохого качества
Capture.PNG
не соответствует остальным элементам дизайна по стилю (так-же было и в 3.2)
On my PCs (Win 7 and Win10) it looks properly and this is standard menu check box of Delphi (we try not to use custom components). What OS do you use?
The library Import from kicad works for the parts but not not for the footprints.
This was not reported to programmers by testing staff yet and I have seen your post right after 3.3.0.1 update. I will check with our testers and programmer who had made kicad import and let you know.

Tomg
Expert

#8 Post by Tomg » 29 Oct 2018, 06:21

Just a side note about a very minor "gotcha" concerning old hotkey assignments being read into the new version: I had assigned hotkeys "D" and "F" to other functions in previous versions of DipTrace and found that the latest version (v3.3.0.1) had also assigned them to the newest routing functions; at least according to the new routing panel display. The old settings still held court, even though the new routing panel indicated otherwise for the "Follow Rules" and "Fix Single Line" options. Easily remedied by reassigning those particular hotkeys.
Tom

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#9 Post by novarm44 » 29 Oct 2018, 10:15

Just a side note about a very minor "gotcha" concerning old hotkey assignments being read into the new version: I had assigned hotkeys "D" and "F" to other functions in previous versions of DipTrace and found that the latest version (v3.3.0.1) had also assigned them to the newest routing functions; at least according to the new routing panel display. The old settings still held court, even though the new routing panel indicated otherwise for the "Follow Rules" and "Fix Single Line" options. Easily remedied by reassigning those particular hotkeys.
I thought about this and how to work around when added new hotkeys :)
However if you already changed standard hotkeys, you will configure new hotkeys for your needs too. So we decided do not touch or change anything in your or standard settings.

HardyF

#10 Post by HardyF » 29 Oct 2018, 23:27

Here I had ask for a feature that was gone in newer versions :

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10930

This was so comfortable to scroll with mouse in partbrowser and every part under scrollbar was seen - why you have this deleted ?

Please make it possible how it was .

Thank you very much.