DipTrace for Mac OS X

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
ProperSystems

Re: DipTrace for Mac OS X

#41 Post by ProperSystems » 17 Jun 2019, 01:33

novarm44 wrote: 08 May 2019, 03:02 The work on native Mac OS version was temporarily stopped due to huge amount of work and lack of resources. We have made some progress investigating possibilities and making short version of Pattern Editor for Mac though.
That's a long 'temporary' and I'm glad to hear progress is again being made. Please release a Alpha/Beta of the macOS Pattern Editor for evaluation/feedback.
Perhaps now is the time to consider some serious code re-factorisation, starting with the IPC-7351C compliance, to more easily support multi-platform deployment (win/mac/linux/web).

Regards
David
dB

Serg
Technical Support

#42 Post by Serg » 18 Jun 2019, 01:53

ProperSystems wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 01:33 That's a long 'temporary' and I'm glad to hear progress is again being made. Please release a Alpha/Beta of the macOS Pattern Editor for evaluation/feedback.
Perhaps now is the time to consider some serious code re-factorisation, starting with the IPC-7351C compliance, to more easily support multi-platform deployment (win/mac/linux/web).
We can't release Pattern Editor only. Based on the specifics of the program, this may be possible only for all four programs.

ProperSystems

#43 Post by ProperSystems » 28 Jun 2019, 02:30

Hi Serg,
Thanks for the respsonse.

In an earlier post you mentioned "We have made some progress investigating possibilities and making short version of Pattern Editor for Mac though."
I don't understand what you meant by "may be possible only for all four programs".

I'd be happy to evaluate and provide feedback on any of the four programs; Alpha/Beta/etc!

Regards
dB
dB