DipTrace 4.0 beta

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
Technical Support

Re: DipTrace 4.0 beta

#31 Post by novarm44 » 27 Feb 2020, 16:25

DipTrace is pure 64 application, except autorouter - it is OEM software and we use it via COM object for 64-bit version. I don't have info Wine for Catalina, but if it is available, we will defininitely try to make version for Mac. I also plan to play with Cross VCL for Delphi after release of 4.0, supposing it may be easier way to make native Mac version than Firemonkey.

Tomg
Expert

#32 Post by Tomg » 27 Feb 2020, 20:48

Beta-1: Pattern Editor - DXF Import bug...
1) Import a DXF file with a closed polygon figure (use settings Millimeter & Add) into the Top Silk layer. I used a diamond shape. The imported figure will appear with the expected dimensions on the Top Silk layer.
2) Now, while retaining the first imported figure (Top Silk layer), import the same DXF file once again (Millimeter/Add) into the Top Assy layer. The second imported figure will appear with the expected dimensions on the Top Assy layer, but the first imported figure (Top Silk layer) will expand to 100x its original size.
Tom

Alex
Technical Support

#33 Post by Alex » 28 Feb 2020, 10:18

Tomg wrote:
27 Feb 2020, 20:48
Beta-1: Pattern Editor - DXF Import bug...
1) Import a DXF file with a closed polygon figure (use settings Millimeter & Add) into the Top Silk layer. I used a diamond shape. The imported figure will appear with the expected dimensions on the Top Silk layer.
2) Now, while retaining the first imported figure (Top Silk layer), import the same DXF file once again (Millimeter/Add) into the Top Assy layer. The second imported figure will appear with the expected dimensions on the Top Assy layer, but the first imported figure (Top Silk layer) will expand to 100x its original size.
Thank you for the report, we fixed DXF import in Pattern Editor today.

Tomg
Expert

#34 Post by Tomg » 28 Feb 2020, 11:39

A Beta-2 suggestion...
Due to some of the new features about to be introduced in version 4, everyone will be updating their custom pattern libraries (adding courtyards, smart text, etc.). Something that would help users quickly convert their v3 libraries to v4 libraries would be to have a [Re-attach all patterns] button in the Attached Pattern dialog window of the Component Editor. To make your coding task simpler, just have the user manually choose the related library in the Pattern Libraries selection box (upper-right side) before clicking on the re-attach button. Once executed, the new algorithm would automatically sequence through each component in the list on the left side to re-attach its related pattern that will be highlighted on the right side. Currently, I have to do this by hand and it is a slow, tedious and carpal-tunnel-syndrome-inducing chore.
Tom

novarm44
Technical Support

#35 Post by novarm44 » 29 Feb 2020, 12:35

We already have such algorithms and use them for library development. I will think How to integrate them into UI.

therat

#36 Post by therat » 29 Feb 2020, 18:25

Update Microchip AVR libraries.

There are a number of newer Microchip AVR devices missing from the libraries. Could you please add them. The ones that missing are:

https://www.microchip.com/design-center ... attiny1607
https://www.microchip.com/design-center ... attiny3217
https://www.microchip.com/design-center ... atmega4809

Cheers
Simon

mpaalanen

#37 Post by mpaalanen » 01 Mar 2020, 01:57

Thanks for the huge number of improvements! It is really appreciated and i can't wait to put it all to daily use.

Maybe you can clarify a question to which i did not find an immediate answer: I have a full license for DipTrace 3 and trying to apply the same license code to 4 beta ends in incorrect key error (see attached).
The name and code are positively correct and it is a code for version 3.x as the error message requires. So do i misunderstand and in fact 3.x keys are not valid for activating the 4 beta?

This is not a showstopper, i just have a project that i would like to use as a test case for 4 beta, but inconveniently it is too large for the free edition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

novarm44
Technical Support

#38 Post by novarm44 » 01 Mar 2020, 02:59

mpaalanen wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 01:57
Maybe you can clarify a question to which i did not find an immediate answer: I have a full license for DipTrace 3 and trying to apply the same license code to 4 beta ends in incorrect key error (see attached).
The name and code are positively correct and it is a code for version 3.x as the error message requires. So do i misunderstand and in fact 3.x keys are not valid for activating the 4 beta?
You can request free temporary 4.0 license similar to your existing 3.x license.
If you ordered 3.x or upgrade to 3.x after May 31, 2019, you can get perpetual 4.x license without charge. Please send all requests to our support.

mpaalanen

#39 Post by mpaalanen » 01 Mar 2020, 06:06

Thanks, i'll do that!

calabr

#40 Post by calabr » 01 Mar 2020, 21:08

Dear divelopers,
Could you please expane the component library use idea of DipTrace.
It's wasn't clear in 3.x and based on vendor name.
It's become sorted by fonction, which is much more logical, but new librarys consists of lots of buplicates
For example:
Diode BZX85C6V2
Now lolated in "Diodes Zenner" library, but it's 2 diodes here
BZX85C6V2-TR
BZX85C6V2-TAP
Which is the same device in different packing.
If I occasionally put them both in the schematic, it will show 2 different component types in the BOM
When I trying to figure out what is the difference - I found useless pattern code "DIOAD928W86L410D260" instead of DO-41 case number.
The same situation with most of components.
Also it's will be good to filter components not only by the name, but also by the case type, functional group etc.