DipTrace 4.0 beta

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
KevinA

Re: DipTrace 4.0 beta

#61 Post by KevinA » 06 Mar 2020, 08:49

Alex wrote: 06 Mar 2020, 03:26
KevinA wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 13:07 Strange 3D stuff: AMD Radeon R5 200 on test machine, when I loaded the BGA 3D devices in pattern editor Diptrace did a 'walk about' awhile. After I placed the two BGA patterns in PCB editor then tried to preview another 'walk about'. The TQFP part had no issues in pattern editor or PCB editor, I had to create a new PCB for that device since trial version only does 500 pins :cry:
See attached files - I loaded the PCB into 3.1, it barked but loaded, no issues, Nvidia Quadro Video card and that is what is on its way for the test computer, I hate AMD video cards.... a Driver thing.

FYI: The BGA patterns are broken, UltraLibrarian created patterns with 1,2,3,n numbers instead of a grid a1,a2,a3

I just switched Graphic modes, in OpenGL flipping the board around in 3D mode was bad. Windows and 3D ok but shudders
3D rendering of all BGA balls works slower in Direct3D mode. We will try some optimizations in the next build. Please change graphics mode to OpenGL, it should work faster for rendering BGAs.
On the test computer that is an issue, the reason I use Nvidia Quadro cards is the driver support, they keep them updated with the current version of OpenGL, 4.6, AMD, not so much, you get the version they ship with. Doesn't matter, Monday a new Quadro card arrives then OpenGL will be fixed on the text computer.

Tomg
Expert

#62 Post by Tomg » 06 Mar 2020, 09:14

DipTrace v4 Beta.2 bug: When a new, filled circle shape (filled obround forming a true circle) is placed in the Design Area of the Schematic Editor, it can't be completely deselected by clicking in a blank space; and "Filled Obround" is always displayed in the lower left-hand corner of the Hint Area. A filled obround that forms anything other than a true circle does not cause this problem. The other three editors do not appear to have this bug.
Last edited by Tomg on 07 Mar 2020, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Moris

#63 Post by Moris » 06 Mar 2020, 21:28

Why to rotate marking with component?
I placed a post in the wrong topic Marking upside-down. PCB 4.0 beta 1

I would appreciate comments from users with industrial background, thank you!
Still valid for Beta2.

calabr

#64 Post by calabr » 07 Mar 2020, 02:45

Serg wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 02:26
calabr wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 14:08 Dear divelopers,
Could you please expane the component library use idea of DipTrace.
It's wasn't clear in 3.x and based on vendor name.
It's become sorted by fonction, which is much more logical, but new librarys consists of lots of buplicates
For example:
Diode BZX85C6V2
Now lolated in "Diodes Zenner" library, but it's 2 diodes here
BZX85C6V2-TR
BZX85C6V2-TAP
Which is the same device in different packing.
If I occasionally put them both in the schematic, it will show 2 different component types in the BOM
When I trying to figure out what is the difference - I found useless pattern code "DIOAD928W86L410D260" instead of DO-41 case number.
The same situation with most of components.
Also it's will be good to filter components not only by the name, but also by the case type, functional group etc.
The packaging type is shipment and handling packages method (Tape and Reel, Tube, Tray...)
These names are from "ordering information" in datasheet.
The library may have several similar components with the different packaging.
These true names can be used for accurate component searching/ordering at component vendors web resource with no name editing.
Also, now the most components include Digi-Key Part Number in Component Additional Fields that can be added directly in BOM list in
Schematics.
In my understanding, users of PCB CAD - electronics PCB developers, not logistics managers.
The last thing thay should care - is where logists will buy this components.
It's good to have additional information about supply, but ADDITIONAL.
Solution based on the shop - making usage of DipTrace harder. It's better for shops, not for engineers.
Did your own divelopers starting to create PCB from the visiting Digi-Key store? And if component in schema is out of stock what they do?

Tomg
Expert

#65 Post by Tomg » 07 Mar 2020, 09:44

DipTrace v4 Beta.2 bug: Changing RefDes to a different Custom Font Size is not reflected in 3D Preview.
Tom

KevinA

#66 Post by KevinA » 07 Mar 2020, 13:40

calabr wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 02:45 Did your own divelopers starting to create PCB from the visiting Digi-Key store? And if component in schema is out of stock what they do?
Actually I do 'shop' the component first ever since I designed a power supply using a TI part that required specific capacitors and inductors, both of which no one had in stock.

FDA

#67 Post by FDA » 08 Mar 2020, 07:01

When do you plan to make a text format for libraries?
The binary format cannot be used with version control systems!

garytennyson

Re: DipTrace 4.0 beta - Components Missing

#68 Post by garytennyson » 08 Mar 2020, 08:50

I noticed that there are some components in DipTrace 3.3 that do not appear in Diptrace 4.0 beta.

See, for example, the Microchip TC74 Thermal Sensor. Diptrace 3.3 has both the TO-220-5 and the SOT23-5 packages. Version 4, though, has only the SOT23-5 package.

If possible, I'd rather avoid adding a component that was already there in the prior version.

Is there some way for the developers to ensure that every item in the various Components libraries in 3.3 shows up in 4.0 ? i realize that the component may have a different name and may even be in a different library. I'm not discussing, of course, User Components.

Thanks

Gary

Moris

#69 Post by Moris » 08 Mar 2020, 09:21

@ in menu library, library setup you can point to the libs you wonna see. Maybe Version 3 libs may be referenced/opened as well?

garytennyson

#70 Post by garytennyson » 08 Mar 2020, 10:42

Good suggestion. I just tried it. It seems to work. So I copied the 3.X libs to a safe place so that the final install of 4.0 won't overwrite them.

I don't understand why components were pulled, and would like to see that corrected, but at least this gives me a work-around.

Thanks

Gary