Diptrace ascii file format specification?

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
danielb987

Diptrace ascii file format specification?

#1 Post by danielb987 » 25 Apr 2018, 12:54

Is there any documentation of the Diptrace ascii file format? It's the file formats for Schematics and PCB Layout that I need.

Regards,
Daniel

Serg
Technical Support

Re: Diptrace ascii file format specification?

#2 Post by Serg » 26 Apr 2018, 08:47

We create the documentation for Component and Pattern Editors now. Also may be for PCB Layout and Shcematics in a future.

Tomg
Expert

#3 Post by Tomg » 26 Apr 2018, 09:03

A while back I was trying to decipher what was going on in DipTrace's ASCII files. I can't remember which editor's output I was studying, but I decided to jot down what I thought to be an accurate explanation of one line's structure; in this case, a line defining a Shape. The illustration below is a "key" I created to help explain this line's structure, but please keep in mind that it may be full of errors and misinterpretations; or it may not even be what you are looking for. At any rate I am providing this "key" only for inspiration to help you work out what might actually be going on in a DipTrace ASCII file. Good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

danielb987

#4 Post by danielb987 » 27 Apr 2018, 02:53

Tomg wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 09:03
A while back I was trying to decipher what was going on in DipTrace's ASCII files. I can't remember which editor's output I was studying, but I decided to jot down what I thought to be an accurate explanation of one line's structure; in this case, a line defining a Shape. The illustration below is a "key" I created to help explain this line's structure, but please keep in mind that it may be full of errors and misinterpretations; or it may not even be what you are looking for. At any rate I am providing this "key" only for inspiration to help you work out what might actually be going on in a DipTrace ASCII file. Good luck.
Thanks a lot!

Serg wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 08:47
We create the documentation for Component and Pattern Editors now. Also may be for PCB Layout and Shcematics in a future.
Which character encoding are you using for non english characters? For example the "ohm" character or the Swedish character "Ä"?

danielb987

#5 Post by danielb987 » 30 Apr 2018, 17:21

In the Diptrace schematics ascii file, under Schematic / Components / Part, there is a tag "HiddenId". What is it used for and what does its value means? That value seems to be unique for every component in the schematics.

Tomg
Expert

#6 Post by Tomg » 30 Apr 2018, 20:10

Just a guess here, but that might be the hidden indentifier that is used to link a schematic component to the same component in the PCB. You should see the same value for the corresponding PCB file's linked component.

For a little more detail open the PCB Layout editor, click on Help in the Main Menu, then [Contents] tab > [+]PCB Layout > [+]Working with files > [?]Update PCB from schematic and read the description for the By RefDes option.
Tom

danielb987

#7 Post by danielb987 » 01 May 2018, 06:03

Thanks.

danielb987

#8 Post by danielb987 » 11 May 2018, 17:09

I'm trying to figure out how the different layers of the PCB card is stored in the Diptrace ascii file.

If anyone has a Diptrace PCB file with four or eight layers and exports it to Diptrace ASCII file for me, I will appreciate it a lot. A PCB with one resistor on the top layer and one resistor on the bottom layer would be fine.

My goal is to develop a simple, easy to use, open source Java library for editing Diptrace ASCII files, in order to duplicate and move around components on the schematics and pcb. An example is a program that creates a pcb with a lot of LEDs in circles (se attached image).

Regards,
Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

d1wang

#9 Post by d1wang » 09 Jan 2019, 03:13

Serg wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 08:47
Where is the documentation now?

Serg
Technical Support

#10 Post by Serg » 04 Feb 2019, 08:56

d1wang wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 03:13

Where is the documentation now?
You can send the request in our technical support to get these documents.
support at diptrace dot com