DipTrace Disappears From Taskbar

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
gunrunnerjohn

DipTrace Disappears From Taskbar

#1 Post by gunrunnerjohn » 17 Jun 2020, 09:05

I have an odd issue that just started happening. I'm using version Windows 10 and DipTrace 3.3.1.3, and the schematic capture and board layout icons will disappear from the taskbar when I switch away to another application. They're still active, and an ALT/TAB finds them, but they're gone from the taskbar. No other applications do this, and I can't find any setting that would cause this behavior. Anyone have any insights into why this started happening? I'd like to know how to restore the normal behavior.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: DipTrace Disappears From Taskbar

#2 Post by Alex » 11 Nov 2020, 03:57

You can pin DipTrace apps on task bar then they always be there until you unpin them. Also check taskbar properties. Finally Windows 10 supports multiple desktops. Please make sure DipTrace apps don't move to desktop 2 by accident.

gunrunnerjohn

Re: DipTrace Disappears From Taskbar

#3 Post by gunrunnerjohn » 11 Nov 2020, 10:04

Having to pin and unpin them isn't really a solution, at least for me. I don't want them there all the time, and constantly pinning and unpinning them really doesn't appeal to me. There's nothing in the taskbar properties that would cause this behavior that I can see, and these two are the only applications I have that do that. They're not on another desktop, I don't use that feature, I have multiple monitors.