Re-sizing the Place Component toolbar?

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
tms8c8

Re-sizing the Place Component toolbar?

#1 Post by tms8c8 » 11 Sep 2020, 21:12

Long time user of 2.x here and recently upgraded to 4.x. I really appreciate the differential pairs and some of the other features but I'm somewhat irritated by the new library setup. I'll get used to it, I'm sure but one thing would be really helpful: resizing the "place component" toolbar. Right now on my monitor, it's so narrow that there are multiple libraries that all appear to have the same name. For instance, I see 12 (!) "Con Rect Headers p". They appear to contain different components, but the name is the same for all of them and I can't figure out how to resize the panel so I can read the full name of the library. Pretty annoying... Any suggestions from the community? I thought there was a way to resize this panel?

(And yes, I do realize that if I hover over the name, I can read the whole thing but that's slow going when I'm trying to sort through 12 of what appears at first glance to be the same thing!)

Tomg
Expert

Re: Re-sizing the Place Component toolbar?

#2 Post by Tomg » 12 Sep 2020, 07:13

* For the PCB Layout editor and Schematic Editor right-click inside the library list and select List Width > Small/Medium/Large/Custom...

* For the Component Editor right-click inside the library list and select Width of Component List > Small/Medium/Large/Custom...

* For the Pattern Editor right-click inside the library list and select Width of Pattern List > Small/Medium/Large/Custom...
Tom

tms8c8

Re: Re-sizing the Place Component toolbar?

#3 Post by tms8c8 » 14 Sep 2020, 00:34

Ah-ha! Thank you Tomg - very helpful.