How to configure DipTrace to add additonal data field to every component on startup

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
jgmdesigns

How to configure DipTrace to add additonal data field to every component on startup

#1 Post by jgmdesigns » 19 Sep 2022, 02:55

Hello All,
I was wondering if there is a way to configure DipTrace to include a custom data field to the components automatically when that part is added to teh schematic?

Currently I have to go into the parts properties and add the field(s) manually each time I add a part. OR, I can wait till teh very end, go to one part, add the field(s) and then hit APPLY TO ALL COMPONENTS, but this is inefficient as I now have to go to every part, look up the vendor part number and then add it as opposed to having the field there by default, and then simply put the vendor part number in while I am filling the other component information at that time.

So, is thee a way to configure DipTrace to add these fiends to all parts form the very beginning? Both to custom parts and default libraries?

Cheers,
Jim

Alex
Technical Support

Re: How to configure DipTrace to add additonal data field to every component on startup

#2 Post by Alex » 21 Sep 2022, 19:24

Please try "Component -> Default Additional Fields" in Component Editor.