Problem renaming net port

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
Tomg
Expert

Re: Problem renaming net port

#11 Post by Tomg » 10 Mar 2018, 10:04

I, too, believe DipTrace's implementation of NetPorts is flawed. A while back I posted an idea on what I think might solve this problem (viewtopic.php?p=23231#p23231). Any thoughts or further suggestions are welcome.
Tom

Alex
Technical Support

#12 Post by Alex » 12 Mar 2018, 03:03

DipTrace allows netports with two and more pins. To implement connections between such netports it is not enough that two netports have the same name, netport pins should have identical names too.
When user edits a net that consist of netports with same name but different pin names the error message appears. We will consider a new message that can help to find and fix "wrong" netport.

i_ionut

#13 Post by i_ionut » 09 Jun 2022, 22:32

Alex wrote: 11 Jul 2016, 19:23 Netport connections work if netports have the same name and netport pins have the same name. Both conditions must be complied. The "Net-port connection failed ...." appears if second condition is not complied.
Hi,

Alex's solution worked for me. From the Design Manager panel I've selected Net Pins. I've looked for discrepancies in naming those port pins. Example: "+5V: +5V" is a good one, but "+5V: +12V" is not. Double click on each port to see it's location in schematics. After correcting all problems the error disappear. This error happens at renaming the copy-pasted net ports, for example when you rename +5V a +12V pin.