LDR Circuit Symbol or Component

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
arielberschadsky

LDR Circuit Symbol or Component

#1 Post by arielberschadsky » 18 Jul 2018, 02:28

Does Diptrace provide a listing in its library for the component LDR (light dependent resistor), or even a symbol? I can't find it, but it seems like a fairly basic component so perhaps it's in there and I just don't know where to look.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: LDR Circuit Symbol or Component

#2 Post by Alex » 19 Jul 2018, 03:13

You can find RES_PHOTO component in "Symbols EIC" library. This is generic symbol and doesn't have attached pattern.

arielberschadsky

#3 Post by arielberschadsky » 01 Oct 2018, 01:52

Thank you. So that I understand better, what is the purpose of a schematic symbol if there is no attached pattern? I understand that I could use it to create a schematic with Diptrace, but that will be of no use to me as I convert to a PCB, right?

Tomg
Expert

#4 Post by Tomg » 01 Oct 2018, 08:20

"...what is the purpose of a schematic symbol if there is no attached pattern?..."
It allows you to design a basic/generalized circuit before knowing the specific component that will be needed.

"...I understand that I could use it to create a schematic with Diptrace, but that will be of no use to me as I convert to a PCB, right?..."
Correct. But, if you do not know the desired component's manufacturer and part number (let alone the necessary specifications) then expecting a generic pattern to appear is pointless. If you must, use the component named "VT935G-B" as a place holder until you are able to determine exactly what your circuit will need.
Tom