Differential pair nets and hierarchy sheets

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
GVriese

Differential pair nets and hierarchy sheets

#1 Post by GVriese » 13 Aug 2018, 16:20

Hi,

I have a differential pair from a transmitter that goes to a number of receivers. I'd like to place the receiver circuitry in a hierarchy sheet so I can easily scale the schematic to adjust the number of receivers on a particular board. I seem to be able to either define a differential pair net in the main schematic, or in the hierarchy schematic but it appears that these nets are not one and the same. Can I span differential pair nets across the hierarchy block boundary through the hierarchy connector and if so, how do I do that? What steps do I need to take to define them correctly? Do I set them up first in the hierarchy sheet or in the main sheet? If not, can this functionality be added to the next release of the schematic editor?

Thank you.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Differential pair nets and hierarchy sheets

#2 Post by Alex » 14 Aug 2018, 08:28

You can create differential pairs within and outside hierarchical blocks. Program will prompt you when it detects different differential pairs are connected through hierarchical pins. Say yes in return. When you convert the schematic to board program will delete one of connected diff pairs and keep second diff pair.