Save the scheme in graphic format

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
alexplev

Save the scheme in graphic format

#1 Post by alexplev » 04 Feb 2019, 21:38

Save the scheme in graphic format.
DipTrace cannot save the schema in bmp graphic format ... and so on.
To save the scheme in a graphic format in good quality, you will need two programs, Foxit Reader and IrfanView. Both programs are free. Foxit Reader installs a PDF printer. First, print the scheme to a PDF printer and open the PDF file in Foxit Reader, then take a screenshot. Open IrfanView and paste the image from the buffer (CTRL + V). Then you can save the image in any format. This method is the fastest of all possible and gives a high quality image.

Serg
Technical Support

Re: Save the scheme in graphic format

#2 Post by Serg » 05 Feb 2019, 00:55

You can use the option in main menu "File - Preview - Save" to save the scheme in bmp or jpg formats.

alexplev

#3 Post by alexplev » 05 Feb 2019, 04:02

The way to save the file in DipTrace allows you to get a very high quality, I agree. However, my method allows you to get the file 10-12 times smaller, without additional effort. The quality of the file for the demonstration is good, the number of formats is not limited, the labor costs are small. Checked at 800 dpi and got the sizes 813850 (DipTrace) and 64993, format png. I think that the proposed method can be used to distribute images over the network.

KevinA

#4 Post by KevinA » 05 Feb 2019, 15:52

View Drawing, Print to Microsoft PDF, you can view to 6400% without any jaggies --- another advantage is adding the BOM to the PDF along with assembly and operation quides

alexplev

#5 Post by alexplev » 09 Feb 2019, 00:51

KevinA wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 15:52 View Drawing, Print to Microsoft PDF, you can view to 6400% without any jaggies --- another advantage is adding the BOM to the PDF along with assembly and operation quides
I agree, another way is to use ABBYY Screenshot Reader. The screen is cut and pasted into IrfanView, very quickly and efficiently. You can also recognize the text. One of the drawbacks is the shareware ABBYY Screenshot Reader application.