installing all the components of an IC

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
scfaria

installing all the components of an IC

#1 Post by scfaria » 21 May 2021, 11:09

I have posted a question about how to install all the components of an IC when selecting the IC from the list. At first, when I dropped the IC onto the schematic all I got was the 1st gate and the power supply icon. I have tried copying and pasting the original gate and modifying it through the property menu to no avail. ( Other posts about this) Today, however, while going through the help menus I think I might have found something. I found that the Component panel contains 2 lists and 4 buttons: library, filter, all parts, and auto pwr/gnd. I believe that the all parts button allows the user to select all parts and when the IC is copied into the schematic ALL the parts of the IC will/should be shown! Unfortunately, in my version, there is no selection to be made in this box, all I can do is select 'Part 1' (not all parts) with no other selection available to the user. And since I can only select part 1, all I can get when I select a multi-gate IC is the first gate! If anyone knows about this matter, I would sure like to know what is going on here. At this point I am starting to think that there is a bug in the application.
syd

scfaria

Re: installing all the components of an IC

#2 Post by scfaria » 24 May 2021, 02:52

I found out that you cannot put any part of the component on the schematic and then go back and select all parts. It has to be done before adding any part of the component to the schematic.
syd