TDR schematic

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
scfaria

TDR schematic

#1 Post by scfaria » 23 May 2021, 04:36

I've made several posts on creating this schematic and this is my latest attempt at this project. In this version I have added 4 test points instead of the J1-J4 CON jacks, and I now have 3 0.0001 ohm resistors, R3 - R5, to get rid of the error for connecting all 3 of the outputs of U2.1 - U2.3 in parallel to R2. The test points show up when I attempt to convert the schematic to the PCB the CON jacks don't. If I take out the resistors the schematic will not pass the error check! When I finally get around to making a PCB I will simply put in jumpers instead of the 3 resistors. I really don't know why DipTrace will not take these 3 IC outputs being connected in parallel, but as I mentioned in other posts this schematic was originally shown in the ARRL QST magazine, so I have no qualms about the circuit working as published. I did want to add into the schematic 4 holes to wire in external wires for the places where I put in the 4 test points, but cannot figure out how to do that, so I put in these 4 test points instead so the pads will be there for the wiring.
73 wt1v
syd
Attachments
TDR_resistor.PNG
TDR_resistor.PNG (19.55 KiB) Viewed 226 times