Changing 'Part Type' instance quirk

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
urbite

Changing 'Part Type' instance quirk

#1 Post by urbite » 25 Jul 2010, 10:22

I am drawing a schematic with TTL gates (74LS07), which has 6 parts in a single package. After I have some of the gates wired up, I want to change the order of the gates without disconnecting them. I tried to do so by changing the 'Part RefDes' and 'Part Type' attributes of the gate. When I do so, the Part RefDes changes, but the pin numbers don't change to match the new 'Part Type' attribute I have set, even thought the 'Part Type' is actually set. For example, I changed Part Type from 1 to 3 on a 74LS07 and the pin numbers for the gate are still (1,2) instead of (5,6).

Even worse to the point of being unusable in this instance is that all of the other gates with the same RefDes attribute (74LS07 in this example) have their Part RefDes values incremented by 1 (even though the pin numbers don't change on them).

Any suggestions?

DISCLAIMER: I'm a DipTrace newbie

tinker1

Re: Changing 'Part Type' instance quirk

#2 Post by tinker1 » 25 Jul 2010, 12:21

It would be handy if there were such a gate swap command.

I would just disconnect the wires to each, move the gates, and reconnect the wires. I also had mixed success in trying to change the designations to accomplish this. It was easier and much more predictable to do the disconnect, move, connect.