Capabilities on larger designs (16+ sheets, 1000+ pin ICs)

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
tom.lee@stardynamics

Capabilities on larger designs (16+ sheets, 1000+ pin ICs)

#1 Post by tom.lee@stardynamics » 30 Nov 2012, 11:46

During a recent research of schematic entry tools, I came across DIPTRACE for the first time. I come from the Mentor Graphics PADS/DxDesigner user world, but am frustrated by the outrageous tool costs and lack of innovation. The DIPTRACE "glossy brochure product description" of the tool is intriguing, and watching the videos only increased my interest. However, the typical designs I will be tackling are going to be 16+ sheets of schematic, 1000+ components with at least one device of 1200+ pins; PCB design will be 12 to 16 layers, with lots of BGA packages, lots of high speed, Signal Integrity (SI) sensitive signals, blind/buried vias and several power/ground planes. Is DIPTRACE up to that kind of regular challenge? Feedback from the user community would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Capabilities on larger designs (16+ sheets, 1000+ pin IC

#2 Post by Alex » 04 Dec 2012, 04:42

DipTrace supports unlimited number of sheets in schematic, unlimited number of layers in PCB, BGA packages, blind-buried vias, ground planes. High-speed routing and signal integrity are not our advantage, but we are working on this direction. In any case, you can try our full-featured trial version and estimate performance of our software.
Please let me know if you have further questions.