Search for Bus Connector by name?

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
bruhnstv

Search for Bus Connector by name?

#1 Post by bruhnstv » 22 Jan 2013, 19:28

I can "Find Object" by name for components and nets, but I'm not seeing how to search for Bus Connectors by name. This would be very useful, to insure that all the Bus Connectors I intend to be named the same really are so named. Similarly, it appears that (although I can search for nets by name) I can't search for busses by name. It would be nice if you could simply list all the bus connectors alphabetically (including each instance of each name), and perhaps similarly for the bus names. If there's already a way to do it, I'd appreciate knowing about it.
Cheers,
Tom

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Search for Bus Connector by name?

#2 Post by Alex » 23 Jan 2013, 08:23

Do you have many page connectors on schematic? You can use the following tips to make sure that page connectors were connected properly.

Page connector name becomes encapsulated in rectangle if the page connector has been connected to another page connector by name. Also page connector gets green dot (small green circle) if it was connected to bus.

bruhnstv

#3 Post by bruhnstv » 23 Jan 2013, 16:38

Alex wrote:Do you have many page connectors on schematic? You can use the following tips to make sure that page connectors were connected properly.

Page connector name becomes encapsulated in rectangle if the page connector has been connected to another page connector by name. Also page connector gets green dot (small green circle) if it was connected to bus.
Thanks, Alex! That answers another question I had: why do some have boxes and a few only have an underline? Now I know.

(Yes, the schematic I'm working on is 14 pages, with nets combined into logical buses to go from page to page.)

However, it's still nice to be able to list all the instances, since I have the same bus used on several pages. I guess if I see any one page where there is not a box around the name, it's a clear indication that I got the name wrong, though it's still possible I could have gotten it wrong on just two of the pages. It might be things like putting an underscore in a name most places but accidentally leaving it out of some. I can always check the connections of the nets in the bus, of course, and also the list of nets included in the bus.
Cheers,
Tom

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 24 Jan 2013, 07:32

Ok, I will add feature request to Mantis. Thanks.