How to make Schematic interconnection

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
Zippi

How to make Schematic interconnection

#1 Post by Zippi » 22 Feb 2013, 12:33

Hello,

I have problems to make interconnection, how is it possible?

At the moment, i have design a schematic component with no pattern and display the netname on it:

But, if i convert to PCB i got a the message: Components "V1, V2" don´t have patterns.

Is there an alternative procedure to do interconnections?

bruhnstv

Re: How to make Schematic interconnection

#2 Post by bruhnstv » 23 Feb 2013, 23:18

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish with the component you created. If you simply wish to have two lines on different parts of a schematic (even on different pages) electrically connected together, then all you need to do is give them the same net name. It is also possible to use a "NetPort" (such as the power supply net ports in the Disc_Sch library). I personally like to have some symbol on a page to indicate that the net connects to something on another page, so I created a symbol that looks like an arrow, and it is a NetPort. Of course there is also a Bus Connector that does something similar for buses.

On the other hand, if you want two nets with different names to be connected directly electrically, maybe you can create a component with two pins and on its schematic symbol, you show the pins connected together -- and you have a corresponding pattern for layout that you attach to the component, that has two pads that either overlap, or have a copper area connecting them. Haven't ever tried that; don't know if you'll get error messages... You might want to do that to have two separate grounds (analog ground and digital ground) that connect at only one point, for example.
Cheers,
Tom

Alex
Technical Support

Re: How to make Schematic interconnection

#3 Post by Alex » 25 Feb 2013, 12:11

Hi Zippi,

You can use netports or connections without wires. Your example looks like you wanted to use netports but created component where you forgot to change its type to netport.