Renew Layout from schematic not working

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
gfisys

Renew Layout from schematic not working

#1 Post by gfisys » 04 Feb 2021, 21:44

I have never experienced this before. This morning I worked on a schematic + layout project I've been working on for a while, when I tried to update the layout using the "Renew Layout from schematic" nothing got updated on the layout. I tried all 3 options (By Components, By RefDes, and Related Schematic), nothing worked.

I tried restarting both the schematic and layout software, it didn't help. However when I opened a different schematic and layout project the layout update worked fine. So it's only on that one particular project that the layout update doesn't work, with all other projects it's fine. Is there any settings that prevents the update from being carried out? Could the file corrupted?

Henry

gfisys

Re: Renew Layout from schematic not working

#2 Post by gfisys » 04 Feb 2021, 21:56

By the way, I've made sure nothing is locked on the layout, so that is not an issue.

Alex
Technical Support

#3 Post by Alex » 05 Feb 2021, 10:18

If there are real differences between schematic and layout but renewing doesn't work please send both files either to DipTrace support or upload on the forum.

gfisys

#4 Post by gfisys » 06 Feb 2021, 01:48

Alex, thanks for the reply.
I figured that the schematic file was somehow corrupted, during copying between hard drives. I loaded the file from a backup and the problem dissappeared, I was then able to update the layout.

Henry

Mrunal

#5 Post by Mrunal » 18 Feb 2021, 03:53

Hello,
I am first time designing a PCB. My schematic is correct ,I also solved DRC errors in Dip Trace. But in net connectivity check I an facing error of broken net. Can anyone suggest what should be my further steps to solve it.