Gerber import DXF Export makes leaves traces open

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
tmday7

Gerber import DXF Export makes leaves traces open

#1 Post by tmday7 » 28 Jan 2015, 14:27

Hello,

I imported a gerber file of bottom traces and drill holes. All imported fine.
Then exported as a DXF.
Opened DXF in CAD/CAM program. All appears to open fine in my CAD/CAM but, where the trace meets or joins to the pad in the corner, there is a line that appears to be connected at the corner of the pad and trace but its not and i cant close the shape of trace because of this line. Sorry hard to explain. Please look at pics.

Using Version 2.4.02 Non Profit(Lite)
XP Home AMD Dual core 4gb ram

As a test i made a trace with a pad at each end in DipTrace and export it as a DXF, there is no problem in my CAD/CAM software.

Thanks for any help,
Troy

-- 29 Jan 2015, 18:10 --

Forgot to attach the gerber and drl file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Gerber import DXF Export makes leaves traces open

#2 Post by Alex » 30 Jan 2015, 03:11

Hello Troy,
I imported your files in PCB Layout and exported result to DXF. I don't have such artefact in my CAD program. But I want to ask few questions.
1. How did you import Gerber file, what layer did you convert Gerber file to, what options were enabled?
2. Did you import NC drill file during Gerber import or after that from NC drill import?
3. There is offset between coordinates in Gerber and NC drill files. How did you fix this?
4. What CAD program do you use to open DXF file? DipTrace exports solid trases, pads, holes, why there are contour objects on your screenshoot?

KOBE_13

#3 Post by KOBE_13 » 30 Jan 2015, 07:14

Does your CAD program have a Trim Function? Did you try trimming endpoints to adjacent lines?

OR

Sometimes there are 2 lines stacked right on top of each other... if you delete one... the entity will close.

tmday7

#4 Post by tmday7 » 30 Jan 2015, 08:32

Alex wrote:Hello Troy,
I imported your files in PCB Layout and exported result to DXF. I don't have such artefact in my CAD program. But I want to ask few questions.
1. How did you import Gerber file, what layer did you convert Gerber file to, what options were enabled?
Went to File>Import>Gerber selected my bottom gbr. In the import window i selected Bottom to Convert to and selected Add holes from N/C Drill, unselected Pads in Signal Layers.Also tried leaving "Pads in Signal Layers" selected.
2. Did you import NC drill file during Gerber import or after that from NC drill import?
Yes.
3. There is offset between coordinates in Gerber and NC drill files. How did you fix this?
Sorry, forgot to export my last changes. Attached is updated files.
4. What CAD program do you use to open DXF file? DipTrace exports solid trases, pads, holes, why there are contour objects on your screenshoot?
I used BobCAD/CAM V26.
When you export the DXF do you get a warning window stating ...."The clearance is not enough to create edge. Do you want to close the dialog box and to show errors? To continue exporting choose "No." ?

Thanks again,
Troy

-- 30 Jan 2015, 08:36 --
KOBE_13 wrote:Does your CAD program have a Trim Function? Did you try trimming endpoints to adjacent lines?

OR

Sometimes there are 2 lines stacked right on top of each other... if you delete one... the entity will close.

Yes i can trim them. Acually thats the only way i can fully close the contour. If i just delete it and connect the space with another line, that new line still will not allow me to fully close the contour.

Nope, no lines stacked

Thanks,
Troy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.