Locked Objects disappear

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
amshh

Locked Objects disappear

#1 Post by amshh » 31 May 2017, 21:25

I don't know if its a feature or an error .... but it is annoying!

I have a layout with some extra Pads in it. I use them in self etched PCB instead of mounting
holes because they are better to etch and better to drill than the original mounting holes.
I insert them in the layout and after that select and lock them. (EDIT >> LOCK selected)

If now an update from schematic has to be executed (CTRL-ALT-U), I answer the question if
locked objects should be updated too with NO. But is has no effect on these Pads. They disappear.
Other locked Objects (e.g. Patterns with changed Pad-Form) keep as they are - as desired.

The related Pads ARE locked. I cannot move them.
So - why do they disappear?

Regards
Andree

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Locked Objects disappear

#2 Post by Alex » 01 Jun 2017, 19:43

Locked components can disappear while renewing board from schematic if they are absent in schematic. For more detailed answer please send schematic and board files to support at diptrace dot com.

amshh

Re: Locked Objects disappear

#3 Post by amshh » 01 Jun 2017, 21:21

Hello Alex,
its obvious that these Pads are not in Schematic. I added them in Layout-Editor with OBJECTS>>PLACE PADS.
But I cannot see what for this function is, if these objects (in particular if they are locked) disapperar .... ?
But you said "can disappear" . That does not mean "must". So ... are there special circumstances they
disappear or not?
I've sent you Schematic and Layout.
Regards
A.