Selectively hide ref des?

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
Exality

Selectively hide ref des?

#1 Post by Exality » 15 Aug 2018, 19:48

I have some components which are just a single pad, which I connect to ground or a test point in my schematic. There can be a dozen or two of these in a design.
Often I don't want the ref des for these pads to appear in the layout -- GND1, GND2, GND3, etc, just clutters things up. Is there a way to selectively hide ref des? Or a better way to do my ground/test point thing?
Gerrit

MPman859

Re: Selectively hide ref des?

#2 Post by MPman859 » 15 Aug 2018, 21:39

You can definitely remove refdes from layouts selectively. All you have to do is select the patterns/testpoints and navigate to the properties tab on the right side of you screen. Look for "Marking 1" which is set to "Default" by default. Select "None" and you're done.

Exality

Re: Selectively hide ref des?

#3 Post by Exality » 16 Aug 2018, 11:21

Nice! Thank you, that does it. I had to modify my test point components though. When they are just a pad, they show up as "pad" in the Properties tab rather than "component", which allows you to turn off the ref des. If I add a dummy shape on the Top Assy layer (or other) the test point shows up as a "component" and I can use your trick. I will see if there is a better way and report back here if I find anything.
Gerrit