Number of pads doesn`t coincide . . .

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
steve65

Number of pads doesn`t coincide . . .

#1 Post by steve65 » 29 Oct 2018, 16:27

Verification => Compare to Schematic produces this error message: Number of pads doesn`t coincide in component "S1"

S1 is a 3PDT toggle switch with nine connections. Pattern, component and schematic all have the nine connections. As does the PCB layout.

S2 on the PCB is another instance of the same switch and produces no error messages when I do Verification => Compare to Schematic.

The error message says the "Number of pads doesn`t coincide . . . ." Doesn't coincide with what?

I could use some advice in how to understand this error message. Why does S1 generate the error but S2 does not (they are the same switch derived from the same pattern and component). And how to clear it?

Thanks. Steve

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Number of pads doesn`t coincide . . .

#2 Post by Alex » 30 Oct 2018, 03:15

Could you send the schematic and the layout files for verification to DipTrace support or upload them on the forum.

steve65

Re: Number of pads doesn`t coincide . . .

#3 Post by steve65 » 30 Oct 2018, 10:32

Thanks Alex, but not necessary. Turns out S1 on the PCB layout was the wrong component. I had checked it multiple times and missed the fact that it was the wrong component. My fault, my apologies.

Even though my problem is resolved, I would like insight to the error message: Number of pads doesn`t coincide in component "S1"

What is being compared to what to determine that the "number of pads doesn't coincide"? Is the pattern on the PCB being compared to the component specified?

Thanks.