Custom hole cutting for mosfets?

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
diptracy

Custom hole cutting for mosfets?

#1 Post by diptracy » 24 Sep 2019, 16:10

Hi, I've been using diptrace for a little while and really like it but im starting to do more tricky things. I would like to know how you do custom routing (milling) of a hole (like in the example below). The manufacturer has made a hole for a rf mosfet and they've made little inserts which cutout inside. The parts that cutout, fit onto the ends of a pignose ferrite and make a 9 to 1 transformer which goes onto the pcb just to the left of the mosfet hole. There is an example of this infront of the pcb.

I need to do the same, is it possible to do with diptrace?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomg
Expert

Re: Custom hole cutting for mosfets?

#2 Post by Tomg » 24 Sep 2019, 17:15

Draw the required slot(s)/cutout(s) on the Board Cutout layer. Here is an example of how one PCB manufacturer would like to see slots/cutouts defined - https://www.eurocircuits.com/blog/slots-and-cut-outs/. Other board houses might have different requirements.
Tom

diptracy

Re: Custom hole cutting for mosfets?

#3 Post by diptracy » 24 Oct 2019, 16:07

Thanks, I managed it, hopefully pcb house will be ok with it :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.