Back to one manufacturer? What happened?

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
kc7gr

Back to one manufacturer? What happened?

#1 Post by kc7gr » 21 Mar 2020, 09:32

Good day,

It used to be there were two manufacturers pre-loaded in DIPTrace PCB: Bay Area Circuits and PCBWay. I've noticed we're back down to just Bay Area Circuits who, though they do good work, is among the most expensive when it comes to prototypes.

Case in point: Bay Area Circuit's quote for my latest PCB (simple, 2-layer, no SMD) came in at just under $150 for two boards. I did some hunting around, and discovered PCBCart, who quoted $50 + shipping for five boards, same job. The only issue was I needed to export the whole Gerber stack to them, rather than just ordering from within the program.

So: What happened to manufacturer choice? PCBWay did good work, and they were less expensive. Why were they dropped from the selection, and why can't we see a larger variety of manufacturers in DipTrace's list?

Thanks and 73, de KC7GR...

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Back to one manufacturer? What happened?

#2 Post by Alex » 23 Mar 2020, 20:57

PCBWay did some changes on their server. We disabled this manufacturer until we update order PCB function in our software.

aglass0fmilk

Re: Back to one manufacturer? What happened?

#3 Post by aglass0fmilk » 31 Mar 2020, 17:55

Would love to see support for JLCPCB and/or OSH Park! I love ordering PCBs and parts from JLCPCB/LCSC (their parts distributor subsidiary). OSH Park is good if you’re in the US and need fast, relatively cheap PCBs.

Until recently you could tell JLCPCB/LCSC to ship your PCBs and components together to save shipping costs. They still give you a discount on shipping now though if you order PCBs and components.

I understand JLCPCB has their own EDA (EasyEDA) but I don’t think it’s much of a competitor... it’s all online and probably much more limited to simple designs and hobbyist stuff anyway.