copper pour not responding for bottom side

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
JohnC

copper pour not responding for bottom side

#1 Post by JohnC » 31 Aug 2010, 15:50

Hello all,
The copper pour for the top side is 100% right on. The bottom side will not respond at all. The points draw out and the drop down screen with fill choice appears as it should, but when clicking OK nothing happens? (no fill at all) Am I doing something wrong? Thanks johnc.

tinker1

Re: copper pour not responding for bottom side

#2 Post by tinker1 » 31 Aug 2010, 16:15

Make sure the current states is Poured. Make sure that none of the spacing numbers are really large.

JohnC

#3 Post by JohnC » 31 Aug 2010, 16:30

I am a bit confused by the term "poured state". When the top side fills in does this create a poured state for the program to move on with. Then do the bottom the same. The clearances are the same for the top and bottom. I must have missed a step to get to the poured state?

tinker1

#4 Post by tinker1 » 31 Aug 2010, 17:09

JohnC wrote:I am a bit confused by the term "poured state". When the top side fills in does this create a poured state for the program to move on with. Then do the bottom the same. The clearances are the same for the top and bottom. I must have missed a step to get to the poured state?
When you right-click the fill, choose Properties. The poured state is changed at the bottom of the resulting window.

Is it possible you are selecting the top pour from the bottom also? YOu might try temporarily changing one of the points on the bottom pour temporarily to make the two pours more distinct?

JohnC

#5 Post by JohnC » 31 Aug 2010, 17:39

Yes, that was the problem, had the top switched on instead of the bottom .La..la land? Sorry for the post into the wrong area and thanks for your help. jc