Origin Symbol becoming Detached

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
tlmp

Origin Symbol becoming Detached

#1 Post by tlmp » 28 Apr 2022, 12:35

Bildschirminhalt erfassen-5.jpg
Bildschirminhalt erfassen-5.jpg (35.99 KiB) Viewed 235 times
As can be seen from the screenshot, the pattern origin symbols have become detached from their patterns when using the "Update from Library" command. I always work with the origin symbols displayed on all patterns. Specifically, I updated four capacitor patterns to those you see on the screen. The new patterns did not land (center) on the old pattern coordinates, as one would expect, but landed below and to the right of the old pattern's coordinates. At this point in time, the origin symbols were still in their original places - in a staight line with C37. When I shifted the new patterns to line up with C37, the origin symbols also shifted to those positions we see on the screen. If I move C33 or C40, the origin symbols will move with them but will keep those same positions relative to those patterns. I tried to turn the origins on and off hoping they would, somehow, snap back into place, but no luck. How can I fix this problem?

tlmp

Re: Origin Symbol becoming Detached

#2 Post by tlmp » 29 Apr 2022, 05:28

Obviously this is a bug, I just hope that it can be fixed in a future version of the program.

farley

#3 Post by farley » 30 Apr 2022, 01:08

If you haven't already, you might double check the pattern in the pattern editor and confirm that the origin cross-hairs are positioned in the center of the component.

tlmp

#4 Post by tlmp » 30 Apr 2022, 07:45

The cross-hairs were positioned exactly the same as by C37 - it's the exact same pattern. This is not the first time this has happened. The other times, I had no idea how it happened. This time it happened right before my eyes so I was able to document it. In the meantime I've been able to fix the problem using the PLACE COMPONENT command. I get the new pattern out of the library and place it near the old one. I then transfer all the wires over to the new pattern and delete the old pattern - that seems to work. It won't work if I use the UPDATE FROM LIBRARY command. In that case, the updated pattern will appear like the old one with the crosshairs / origin detached.