Unexpected shorted pattern for PCB library parts

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
TheoS

Unexpected shorted pattern for PCB library parts

#1 Post by TheoS » 04 May 2022, 09:13

Hello DIPTRACE,
I have the following problem which occurs randomly and unexpected with user or custom made components. See related picture below with component showing Header pins 1 and 3 shorted together !
In fact the wrong connectivity appears also at PCB layout and took me hours to notice this strange
behaviour. Also the PCB connectivity is in contradiction with the Schematic capture, showing no errors found
when compare to schematic, despite the header is not shorted at schematic!
Is it a bug or I'm doing something horribly wrong? Note I'm using version 3.3.1.3 .
Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated because I'm not sure how to solve this issue.
Thanks
TheoS
Diptrace_issue.JPG
Diptrace_issue.JPG (128.62 KiB) Viewed 164 times

Tomg
Expert

Re: Unexpected shorted pattern for PCB library parts

#2 Post by Tomg » 05 May 2022, 02:45

Can you post your pattern library (*.lib) here for examination by others?
Does the stock DipTrace component named "87758-0451" do the same thing on your system? I am unable to replicate the problem using v4.2.0.1.
Tom

TheoS

Re: Unexpected shorted pattern for PCB library parts

#3 Post by TheoS » 05 May 2022, 08:58

I found the cause of this behaviour, seems it's my stupid fault as I didn’t realize that when I was clicking and checking the PCB pattern pads at the attached "Pattern Window" of Component Properties, then accidently creating undesired connections. I didn’t know about this feature.
But thanks a lot for your reply, and apologies to DIPTRACE for this false alarm!