Problem with Board Cutout

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
gunrunnerjohn

Problem with Board Cutout

#1 Post by gunrunnerjohn » 03 Mar 2023, 11:44

I have defined a couple of cutouts in a board. Clearly, DIPTRACE thinks they're there as the 3D view allows me to see components from the back of the board! However, when I submit them to a board house, they don't see the holes! I tried both OSHPark and Seeed Studios, neither rendered the board properly. Here's what I see with the 3D view in DIPTRACE, then what I see when I upload it to OSHPark. The same thing happens at JLCPCB and Seeed Studio. The question is, how do I get the PCB house to recognize the holes?

Here's a couple of shots from the 3D view, clearly DIPTRACE thinks the holes are there. These are the only holes that aren't drilled, obviously they'd be routed, my question is why aren't they recognized?
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 0.png
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 0.png (44.88 KiB) Viewed 478 times
I can even see topside components in the 3D view through the board holes.
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 1.png
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 1.png (13.91 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Here's what I see at OSHPark when I verify the upload. Red arrows note the holes that don't appear, however the green arrow indicates a hole that is recognized, obviously because it's drilled and not routed.
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 2.png
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 2.png (64.6 KiB) Viewed 478 times

Here's a shot of the board in the Gerber files, the board outline clearly shows the holes.

___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 4.png
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 4.png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 478 times
One last observation. When I route the board, the autorouter apparently doesn't actually recognize that the holes are there either, it comes too close to them.
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 5.png
___DIPTRACE Hole Issue 5.png (4.52 KiB) Viewed 474 times

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Problem with Board Cutout

#2 Post by Alex » 05 Mar 2023, 20:32

I think the question is for OSHPark viewer. For confirmation, please read this: https://docs.oshpark.com/submitting-ord ... d-outline/

gunrunnerjohn

Re: Problem with Board Cutout

#3 Post by gunrunnerjohn » 06 Mar 2023, 02:36

I sent a query to OSHPark, they didn't reply.