how to extract pattern from component library

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
rfdes

how to extract pattern from component library

#1 Post by rfdes » 04 Jul 2021, 07:15

hi -
I'm a Diptrace beginner and am attempting to get acquainted with the entire library creation/maintenance process. If my question has already been addressed in a different post, please point me to the post as I searched and couldn't find my answer to the following question.

Question:
I imported a 'component' from SnapEDA and then saved the component in an ELI library placed in the the User Lib category. This works just fine.
However, I have a need to 'modify' the component pattern and need a way to extract the pattern from the eli library and save into a pattern library so that I can modify it. Is there a way to accomplish this? If so, I have not been able to find the solution.

Any help you may offer is appreciated..
Jim

Tomg
Expert

Re: how to extract pattern from component library

#2 Post by Tomg » 04 Jul 2021, 07:48

1) In the Pattern Editor select/highlight the desired User Patterns destination library, right-click anywhere in its patterns list and choose "Insert Patterns from Another Library..." in the context menu to bring up the "Insert Patterns" dialog window.
2) In the "Insert Patterns" dialog window choose pertinent library group in the Libraries drop-list, select/highlight the library containing the SnapEDA component, select/highlight the desired component in the Components list on the right side, and click on the [Insert] button. You should now find a copy of the selected component's pattern in the User Patterns destination library. Don't forget to resave the library.
Tom

rfdes

#3 Post by rfdes » 04 Jul 2021, 13:34

Hi Tom -
Thanks for your response. Seems obvious now. Worked as you pointed out.
Take care -
Jim

dostr63

#4 Post by dostr63 » 21 Aug 2022, 02:08

Thanks Tom - that really helped!