Component not found

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
fastbike

Component not found

#1 Post by fastbike » 10 Sep 2022, 11:22

I'm using Phoenix MKDS 3 PC terminal blocks in a project, their part number is 1711042.

I can't find these in the included libraries, and clicking on the SnapEDA button in the filter also does not find the part.

However, if I search the SnapEDA website I can find the part, which is a bit bizarre, although I can live with that.
https://www.snapeda.com/parts/1711042/P ... view-part/

Is there a way to import this into DipTrace or do I need to create the pattern/component manually ?
Ardent hobbyist

fastbike

Re: Component not found

#2 Post by fastbike » 24 Oct 2022, 15:28

Here's another one: OnSemi FL5150

Does not show as a standard DipTrace part. Clicking the "Search at SnapEDA" button launches the form, but the part cannot be found.

Here it is via a web search on the SnapEDA website
https://www.snapeda.com/search/?q=FL515 ... type=parts
Ardent hobbyist

Alex
Technical Support

#3 Post by Alex » 24 Oct 2022, 21:40

Please pay attention what data is available at SnapEDA. DipTrace exсludes from SnapEDA search result those items that don't have schematic symbol or pattern or both. Therefore you can see "no search results" or less number of items in DipTrace than SnapEDA.
For example, datasheet and 3D model only are available for 1711042 at SnapEDA. There are no component symbol and pattern there.
For FL5150, datasheet and pattern are available, but you can't place pattern in Schematic, you should have component symbol to create a component.

fastbike

#4 Post by fastbike » 09 Nov 2022, 09:22

Thanks for that - it makes sense now.
I suggest adding a text note on the SnapEDA modal dialog that references what is included in teh serach, also a button to open the SnapEDA in web browser would be good too.
Ardent hobbyist