Path to pattern/ can't find

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
dayv3

Path to pattern/ can't find

#1 Post by dayv3 » 06 Jan 2023, 11:29

Hi all,

Awhile back I made a capacitor with a pattern and everything for it. When I use schematic capture the part I made is there with it's attached pattern; it works great.
But, when I go to the pattern editor the attached pattern is not listed, and I can't find it. I have spent a bunch of time trying to find the pattern but have been unsuccessful.
my goal is to find it and add it to the list of patterns that are selectable from my pattern library. From schematic capture, or else where, is there a way to find the path an attached pattern?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Tomg
Expert

Re: Path to pattern/ can't find

#2 Post by Tomg » 06 Jan 2023, 16:22

1) If the component is selected/highlighted in the Schematic Editor, the pattern name should appear in the Part: panel (upper right side of the screen). If the component is selected/highlighted in the PCB Layout editor, the pattern name should appear in the Component panel (upper right side of the screen) under the [Properties] tab. Copy the pattern name to the clipboard.
2) In the Pattern Editor click on the Pattern Tools panel (left side of screen) to bring up the Pattern Tools menu and choose "Find Pattern..." to display its Search dialog window.
3) Using the Search Area drop-list in the Search dialog window select "All Libraries", paste the pattern name into the Search Parameters "Name:" text box, click on the [Find Patterns] button and wait for the search to finish.

If the search is successful there will be at least one identical pattern name listed in the Search Results window. Select/highlight the desired pattern name listed in the Search Results window and click on the [Open Pattern] button. The name of the library to which the pattern belongs should now be found highlighted in the top panel on the left side of the screen. The library's file path can be found at the very top of the screen on the left side.

If the search yields no results, the pattern is not stored in any of the pattern libraries that were specified in the Library Setup dialog window.
Tom