Cross-probe (long requested)

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
xfer

Cross-probe (long requested)

#1 Post by xfer » 28 Sep 2021, 08:47

Requests for live cross-probe between Schematic and Layout have been made since 2011. I know about the workarounds to do it manually, but it would be nice to see that feature implemented. It's a valuable tool that I have enjoyed in other EDA applications that I have owned.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Cross-probe (long requested)

#2 Post by Alex » 29 Sep 2021, 00:53

Thank you for the request. This feature is still in our plans. We haven't done it yet because we did other frequently asked features.

dieterv

#3 Post by dieterv » 26 Nov 2021, 09:23

xfer wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 08:47 Requests for live cross-probe between Schematic and Layout have been made since 2011. I know about the workarounds to do it manually, but it would be nice to see that feature implemented. It's a valuable tool that I have enjoyed in other EDA applications that I have owned.
Do you mean such as in Eagle (at least that used to be the case a couple of years ago), where you select a component in the schematic, it gets highlighted in the layout and vice versa? It helps a lot for initial placement of components, keeping related parts close together. That would be one of the things I really miss from Eagle. If it is, what is your workaround?

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 29 Nov 2021, 02:26

The workaround is memorizing RefDes or net name in one program and searching it in another program (using design manager or by sight). This is less productive therefore the cross-probing is in our plans with high priority.