Cross platform file compatibility..

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
osx-addict

Cross platform file compatibility..

#1 Post by osx-addict » 20 May 2011, 16:56

Hi all.. I'm using DipTrace mostly on a Mac (latest version) but also occasional want to use the Windows version (current version).. However, I now find that the updates I did on the Windows platform can not be used directly on the Mac version -- I tried both the pattern & component editors -- both with .lib or .eli files and both complained.. Is this normal? If that's a feature can we have a new common format good for any current version whether it be Linux, Windows or Mac? Please?? Thx!

vetsen

Re: Cross platform file compatibility..

#2 Post by vetsen » 20 May 2011, 23:58

I think this is covered somewhere here.

All that you need to do is Export as Diptrace ASCII

This has more to do with the Diptrace build version than OS.

Try using the same version on both Mac OS and Win it should be seamless. The Mac version is just the windows version running in wine

Vetsen

osx-addict

Re: Cross platform file compatibility..

#3 Post by osx-addict » 23 May 2011, 11:36

vetsen wrote:I think this is covered somewhere here.

All that you need to do is Export as Diptrace ASCII

This has more to do with the Diptrace build version than OS.

Try using the same version on both Mac OS and Win it should be seamless. The Mac version is just the windows version running in wine
Yeah, I assumed that it could be a version issue which is why I checked the versions -- both are current 2.1 versions from the site -- the Windows version is 2.1.9.3 beta (dated 5-May-2011) -- not sure if that matters since there's only 1 Mac version.. but the Mac was not happy with reading the Windows generated .lib file.. Reading in the ascii'd version was OK though. I'm hoping that someday they'll have a native Mac version as the Wine-ified version does not allow me to right-click objects easily on the Mac -- perhaps due to using a trackpad on the Macbook Pro I'm using.. Didn't bother me too much though -- but the "delete" never worked -- always had to use the edit menu -- more annoying for me..