Layer selection for 3D rendering/export

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
seekerd3

Layer selection for 3D rendering/export

#1 Post by seekerd3 » 05 Feb 2022, 05:38

There's a method for fabricating PC boards using a MSLA (resin) 3D printer and photo-sensitive film, which requires a STL file.

I can get there by exporting a gerber and running it through three different software apps, but it's tedious and time consuming, especially if I have a copper pour.

It seems like DipTrace has most of the code already there, if I could only select the layer(s) for export. Simply being able to select either the top or bottom layer would be great. Reusing the gerber export dialog with the relevant selections supported would be absolutely beautiful. Adding STL format would be a bonus, but converting STEP to STL is easy enough that it would just be a nice-to-have.

While I'm here and this being my first post... DipTrace is very impressive software; I was using ancient software before and having a modern interface that has a relatively shallow learning curve is nothing short of amazing. I also very much appreciate the pricing structure. Thank you.