Pin to pin connection without wire ?

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
tanyo

Pin to pin connection without wire ?

#1 Post by tanyo » 29 Nov 2012, 05:49

Hello , I 'd like to ask is it possible to connect to pins (or pin to the ground) without wire ( as in Protel) . For example here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sid

Re: Pin to pin connection without wire ?

#2 Post by Sid » 29 Nov 2012, 12:36

Right-click on the connector, select [Add to net...], select a net, check [Connect without wire], click OK.

steve@stc

#3 Post by steve@stc » 29 Nov 2012, 13:07

The easiest method of connections without wires on the schematic is to have pre-existing nets.

Create a net from component to bus, or component to component by connecting them as usual with the wire connection tool, and name that net with a unique name....like 'io1'.

Then where you do not want a wire represented on your drawing, select that pin so the pop-up menu displays and select 'Add to net'. Find your net name in the drop down list, and select the 'connect without wire' check box, and click OK.

However, you cannot enter a net name into that list box, only select.

uschott
Expert

#4 Post by uschott » 29 Nov 2012, 16:51

There is no problem to create a net without using wires (no pre-existing nets needed!).

1. Start 'Connection Manager' from Schematic / Objects.
2. Click on + button (name the net as ever you like or accept the default name)
3. DON'T click OK button yet, instead click on Add to create the new net.

The new net is assigned to the part's pin that is displayed in the drop down list to the left.
(you have to select your Part and Pin before you click on Add button)

4. Then Click on OK button.

tanyo

#5 Post by tanyo » 04 Dec 2012, 08:07

Hi, thanks for the replies. What I meant was Diptrace to assume connection (automaticaly) when a pin touches a pin , without adding wire or net by hand.

uschott
Expert

#6 Post by uschott » 08 Dec 2012, 02:25

tanyo wrote:Hi, thanks for the replies. What I meant was Diptrace to assume connection (automaticaly) when a pin touches a pin , without adding wire or net by hand.
If you don't want to show diptrace the connection, right click on the wire and select 'hide wire' and Diptrace shows only the net names.

There is (for me) no significant difference in doing two clicks to draw a net, which must be done to create a net between two pins (that's what you want) and draw a visible wire connection. OK, if I don't want to show the automatic wire like you (diptrace is so intuitive, that there is no need to explicit click the wire command button - it saves time), I have to do two additional clicks. But that will last only a second or two longer.

tanyo

#7 Post by tanyo » 10 Dec 2012, 03:35

Hm , putting a short wire to every GND and Power pin could be avoided