Importing Components from Snapeda.com

Report bugs here
Max_DT

Importing Components from Snapeda.com

#1 Post by Max_DT » 12 Feb 2017, 15:17

Hello. As you know, snapeda.com is a big online library that doesn't still offers DipTrace files. I've asked for that, and they replied me that were working on that. Nowadays, we have two ways to import their files to DipTrace:

- Download for Eagle and convert. I don't like use Eagle anymore, so this way is long and annoying.

- Download for PADS. This way is supposed to be direct and the only one in common between web and DT. But it doesn't work for me, and tried in several PC's. Maybe is a bug of the web, maybe not, but would be a lot of faster to use this way.
The problem when I import is with the .c file. First I import .p file with no problems, but when DipTrace asks for .c file, I get an error that says what you can see in picture.

I hope this was easy to fix, thank you.
Attachments
Error window
Error window
Captura3.PNG (7.56 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Importing options in DipTrace Component Editor
Importing options in DipTrace Component Editor
Captura2.PNG (28.76 KiB) Viewed 807 times
Snapeda.com
Snapeda.com
Captura1.PNG (49.49 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Importing Components from Snapeda.com

#2 Post by Alex » 13 Feb 2017, 03:07

Could you send libraries in PADS format to support at diptrace dot com.

wanek

#3 Post by wanek » 04 Mar 2018, 10:35

hello!

there's any progress / workaround on this issue?

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 05 Mar 2018, 02:20

If you have the issue with importing libraries please send the files you got from snapeda and try to import into DipTrace.

wanek

#5 Post by wanek » 15 Mar 2018, 10:21

currently diptrace is not supported natively in snapeda. it is possible to import components using the eagle format, but it is not convenient, because it creates a new library for every imported component... at least i couldn't figure out how to import directly into an existing component group. if this is possible, please provide a step by step instruction!

thanks, and keep up the good work! diptrace is the most user friendly pcb design tool for beginners - i found so far ;)

KevinA

#6 Post by KevinA » 17 Mar 2018, 01:33

I couldn't find my part at Snapeda.com but found it at https://componentsearchengine.com/ which supports DipTrace via the PAD(s) or *.epw with their Library Loader. They have the *.p, *.c, *.d files and a manual means to install patterns and components. Signup is free and they also search for vendors that are stocking the part... Nice videos and the process wasn't too painful ;)
http://www.samacsys.com/diptrace/

From Snapeda.com - the pattern imports ok but it dies on the component - See attached. The Eagle version works fine.
Note: After hours of looking I still have not found
1. Mini/Standard SIM holder (GSM)
2. Component & pattern or drawing that is usable (Molex) + 3D part
3. In stock at distributors at ANY price and not marked obsolete.
Attachments
504520-0691.zip
(7.61 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Alex
Technical Support

#7 Post by Alex » 18 Mar 2018, 22:36

Hi Kevin,

We will investigate importing PADS files from SamacSys. From what I see at the moment, the files were saved in version 9 format that is not supported in DipTrace but may be imported in some cases. We suggest to save PADS files in format 2005.
I regards to Snapeda we will contact them to add native export to Diptrace format.