1) Disable the "[ ]Remove Loops (bow tie effect)" option under the [Settings] tab in the Route Setup dialog window.
2) Draw a trace between two Static Vias to create a net.
3) Draw a new bypass trace that goes around a portion of the original trace without connecting the new bypass trace to either via.
4) Notice that the new bypass trace unexpectedly disappears after the last connection is made to the original trace. This appears to be a bug.
5) Begin drawing the new bypass trace again starting from the same point on the original trace as before (not a via), but end the new bypass trace just short of the destination on the original trace by using the [Enter] key.
6) Draw a trace from the free end of the bypass trace to a destination point on the original trace (not a via).
7) Notice that the new bypass trace stays intact as expected.
If I'm not mistaken this minor bug has been with DipTrace for years and has been carried over to version 4. The reason that I'm bringing this up now is because I had forgotten about it and have just stumbled over it again.
Report bugs here
2 posts • Page 1 of 1